The Lovers Oath

In a strange way the feeling was completely new and different, and yet exactly the same as I had remembered it. If that makes any sense? I guess somewhere between the good mornings and starry nights we fell in love, again, and just like the summers in this small town it was humble and sweet and overflowing with generous warmth.

Like a lost wind driven by fate you crossed my path for the second time. Like a four leaf clover I found you, and declare myself lucky. And just like a rose, going through the various stages of beauty our love bloomed, and became more and more vibrant with every passing day.
I ask myself, how could I have ever lived without your smile, how could I? How could I have ever lived without your gentle touch, how could I ? How could I have ever let you slip out of my life the first time, how could I? The truth is, I couldn’t!

DustyOfMine said...
If only there was more!!! It was amazing without being alot of honey in the early morning sweet:)

SassieCassie322 said...
this is so sweet. i really enjoyed it. i loved your similes, :-)

Jaysean (isthegreat) said...
I just loved this article. It really warmed my heart. Of all the writings that i have read in my life, this one is my favorite. The use of similies in the seconds stanza was simply genius. I hope that someday every relationship will be like this one. I could really feel the tone of sincerity. Great job writer

leighfrantz said...
this was sweet. i can really tell how much this person was in love with the other person. i could feel that love. the comparisons really helped paint that picture.

They_Call_Her_Amphetamine said...
Know that feeling. :)
This was well written indeed! Maybe check out some of my work? I'll be keeping an eye on yours. :)

MeggiePie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
sure id love to take a look

SmilingFool said...
cute, without being TOO sickly sweet

writer24/7/365 said...
I love it!

writer24/7/365 replied...
will anybody who sees this look @ my things too? You don't have to, but I'd appreciate it.

Annabelle7614 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:28 am
The writing itself is great, but there are a few sentences that were more of a statement than a question, and yet there was a question mark at the end.
But aside from that, this is great writing!

PoetLaureate07 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:05 am
Poem or not, its soooo pretty!!! i love it, and everyone can relate to it, and if they cant right now, then they will be able to soon!!! XD

thankyou everyone so much, i appreciate any feedback that can make me a better writer. im glad people can enjoy it = ))

smileyfacesandharts said...
osnt this more of a poem? its beautiful none thel ess

DallysGrrl said...
Great writing!! a little short but very good. i like it.

Meg R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
well thankyou very much = )

DallysGrrl replied...
Its no problem, it was very good. Heyy, mayB check out some of my work. it was just posted and i would b honored if u commmented. I luv feedback!!

ofcourse, i appreciate all the comments and im always happy to give others feedback in return

DallysGrrl replied...
Thnx so much!! =-D

writer24/7/365 replied...
I have a quesiton: Will you both look at my work?

DallysGrrl replied...
Sure, no problem.