Don't Say It | Teen Ink

Don't Say It

By InkBlot1 BRONZE, Co Springs, Colorado
InkBlot1 BRONZE, Co Springs, Colorado

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun! Arise fair sun, and kill the envious moon, for she is sick and pale with grief.."-Romeo, from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

Don't say it. Don't think it. I can't take it. I met you three years ago, which hardly seems like enough time to through pure hatred for you, then finding a true friend, then falling in love. Yes, I said love. I mean it. Just tell me you love me too, like so many times before. Three simple words. It's pouring outside, matching my mood perfectly. Don't say it. Don't think it. I can't take it. You hold my hands in yours. I'm trying to feel their warmth, but I'm too numb to feel much of anything. It's not your fault, I know that. You tried, but there was nothing to be done. Be brave, and be safe. Never forget how much I love you. Don't say it. If you value my sanity at all, you won't say it. Tears are running down my cheaks freely now. You wipe them away, but more follow. You glance at your commanding officer and he motions for you to go. You sigh. No, please no. You kiss my hands, then my lips softly. Please don't say it. Don't say good-bye.

I was inspired by watching one of my friends, she had to say good-bye to her 3 year boyfriend, because he was in the military.