Please Just Make This Easier

Sometimes it jut feels so impossible to me. It’s like you’re right within reach, but at the same time you’re a million miles away. I’ve never wished on so many nights for the same person. Yet you have to give up eventually, right? I’ve gotten past the pain; after three months of torture I can finally breathe again. But I think I’m still in love with you and that’s a feeling that doesn’t go away quickly. You talk to me sometimes, even flirt a little bit, but every taste I get makes me want more. Like this casual friendship we have occasionally simply isn’t enough for me. And though I feel a little shame in admitting that, I also know it’s the truth and I’m not going to apologize for being real. But it’s so frustrating being stuck in this on-and-off attraction. Some days I would do anything for you to talk to me, and other days I want to scream because I can’t get you off my mind. And it’s weird because no one else knows quite how I feel about you. Sure, maybe some people have their suspicions but nobody knows the whole truth. Sometimes it gets discouraging, but I have no way of knowing when to let go so for now I’m hanging on. Hanging onto our memories, hanging onto my attraction to you, and hanging onto some far-off glimmer of hope that someday... someday you might decide to love me back. Loving you is like trying to touch a star - you know you’ll never reach but you have to keep trying.

SweetTart said...
I know. EXACTLY how you feel, haha thats the worst isnt it? :/ I feel your pain. But you put it to words beautifully:) Well done:)

Faded.Ink said...
May 30, 2011 at 3:05 am:
Your incredible.

BookFreak14 said...
May 27, 2011 at 4:23 pm:
You ROCK!!!! Your My Fav. Author on here!!!.... Can't Wait to Read more by You!!!!

Maverick2217 said...
OMG. Story of my life! You are definitely my favorite author on this site.

writer24/7/365 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:33 pm:
Wow, it's like you told the tale of my heart. It's hard for me to write words about it, even if they're in my head.