In the Pouring Rain

My heart slows down gradually, becoming fainter and fainter till it’s almost gone. I watch you walk away from me, down the street, around a corner, and out of my life. My lungs don’t work properly; I cannot get oxygen past the sterling knife in my throat. I stare blankly after you, a child lost in the world. Rolling clouds are gathering, and I realize you aren’t there to lend me your coat if it rains. I am empty and hollow as the dried bones of this poor town that surrounds us. No feeling. Not yet anyway. Your breaking words are still like stones, heavy in my ears and in my shredded heart. As the water begins to fall from the sky, so do my tears; the color of the clouds, like bits of heaven falling down. A gaping hole opens up in my chest, and I beg it to suck me back in. back to the hellish places whence I came, back to the depths you pulled me from. I am on my knees, yet I do not recall my falling. Eyes blurred by tears, I see raindrops stain the cold unforgiving sidewalk, and thunder rolls in the distance. So here I’ll be. And here I’ll stay. Waiting for you always, in the pouring rain.

weirdonpurpose said...
thank you. it would be my pleasure to look at your work, but if you would be so kind as to read my other pieces. i am going to get some other similar style works up soon, and i do hope you shall enjoy them.

Vanished said...
Weirdo, "In the Pouring Rain" is quite feeling, honest, and nurses a clear voice, and incredible imagery. I wonder at metaphoric implications, but I like the simplistic, rather unique style you used to get the picture across to the audience. If I may request your attention, would you read my short story "Razed Expectations"? Merely click on my name, and thank you. Good luck with the writing.

weirdonpurpose replied...

BabyAcorn said...
just.... WOW! you got so much feeling into those words! it was like reading poetry! you set the scene amazingly with the language you used!

weirdonpurpose replied...
thanks! :D i saw your comment on my art too, haha thanks!