Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Today, I made a boy out of pillows and old clothes to look like you.
I told him that I liked his eyes, that they were a spectacular shade of blue. He did not ­compliment me back.
I read him my poetry. He did not offer me a ­critique or wild exclamations of how much he loved my writing. Instead, he stayed quiet.
I walked with him in the woods behind my house. He did not try to hold my hand.
I baked him a lovely chocolate cake – your ­favorite. He did not flatter my delicious ­baking skills.
And when he grew tired I set him down next to me on the bed. He did not caress me, he did not kiss me, he did not whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and he did not tell me that he loved or needed me.
Yes, I made a boy out of pillows today. He doesn't just look like you; he acts like you, too.

temptedrose said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 11:44 pm:
This is awesome and totally like metaphoric in a way lol.

dancewritedream13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:16 pm:
Snarky, funny, lovely, and sad. Very nice job! You truely pulled me in!

agsmiley888 said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 5:23 pm:
excellent perfect marvelous!!!! it was pure genious the ending was unexpected breat use of symbolism

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 4:33 pm:

KonyaB!!! replied...
today at 4:32 pm :

REALLY GOOD!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! The ending was fantastic, and I loved how you symbolized this boy as a pillow, which completely showed what type of a person he is from the actions and stuff. Nice. :)

sparkofheart said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 4:10 pm:
that was a really cool idea and well executed! i can totally relate...but thats not necessarily a good thing now is it? :)

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 4:32 pm :

himu131195 said...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 11:00 am:
cool!
the ending was a bit of a surprise and ironic in a way..

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 12:30 pm :
Kind of sad...but it made me smile. Good job.