Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Today, I made a boy out of pillows and old clothes to look like you.
I told him that I liked his eyes, that they were a spectacular shade of blue. He did not ­compliment me back.
I read him my poetry. He did not offer me a ­critique or wild exclamations of how much he loved my writing. Instead, he stayed quiet.
I walked with him in the woods behind my house. He did not try to hold my hand.
I baked him a lovely chocolate cake – your ­favorite. He did not flatter my delicious ­baking skills.
And when he grew tired I set him down next to me on the bed. He did not caress me, he did not kiss me, he did not whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and he did not tell me that he loved or needed me.
Yes, I made a boy out of pillows today. He doesn't just look like you; he acts like you, too.

sidneynicole said...
this was really good keep writting

dancer13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i loved this!! i have a poem i'd like you to take a peek at, if you could. it's called "Do You Remember?" (:

soccercrazy said...
Jun. 7, 2010 at 9:06 am
very to the point but masked at the same time, i like it a lot. great job, keep it up.

Shecklergrl13 said...
I LOved this. It was soo cute and so honest. You have gift. I hope you write more like this :)

myriamjonasbieber said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 3:46 am
At the beggining I thaught that the girl was a total freak , but the end is just AMAZING!

xxxVanessaxxx replied...

wow, you have talent. i like it. totally worth reading.

Theauthor,thesingermongolia said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 12:37 am
This is great...describing how you imagined a pillow to be a guy. It shows a lot of creativity-and humor as well. I'm sure nobody could say they didn't enjoy this article-except perhaps for the guy you wrote about. Things like this are going on in my life as well...I'm glad someone else knows how I feel.

_Elsy_ said...
Haha, love the ending.

i_am_nobody replied...
 I like the ending too.

Kaity_Bear replied...
I agree the ending was awesome :) 

sidneynicole replied...
yeah it was

LiddoMonsterx3 said...
-i love iht ! ;D

NeasePanthers said...
Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:17 am
this was so creative i love it!

coco_babe said...
Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:05 am
WOW this was amazing. I loved it so much!!!

livelovelaugh35 said...
This was really just amazing! I love how you took an idea/thought that probably every girl will think at one point and put it into a really creative and original super short story. Keep writing!

socrchik33 replied...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 1:39 am
so true :)

IluvmybffThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's nice to hear someone say the same thing i want to, but don't.

andreacatalina said...
It's good to find that someone can actaully say it. (:

StarlingChild This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ha! That was hilarious! You showed rather than told why the pillow represents the boy. Good job!

BonnieBrilliant said...
i like it ^_^