Just Like You | Teen Ink

Just Like You MAG

By doyoulove SILVER, Laingsburg, Michigan
doyoulove SILVER, Laingsburg, Michigan

"Book are a uniquely portable magic." -Stephen King

Today, I made a boy out of pillows and old clothes to look like you.
I told him that I liked his eyes, that they were a spectacular shade of blue. He did not ­compliment me back.
I read him my poetry. He did not offer me a ­critique or wild exclamations of how much he loved my writing. Instead, he stayed quiet.
I walked with him in the woods behind my house. He did not try to hold my hand.
I baked him a lovely chocolate cake – your ­favorite. He did not flatter my delicious ­baking skills.
And when he grew tired I set him down next to me on the bed. He did not caress me, he did not kiss me, he did not whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and he did not tell me that he loved or needed me.
Yes, I made a boy out of pillows today. He doesn't just look like you; he acts like you, too.

on May. 7 2018 at 10:03 am
Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- Winnie the Pooh

The ending was spectacular. I loved the whole story:)

Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other

"..though warm as summer it was fresh as spring." (Thomas Hardy) ("Far from the Madding crowd")

Lovely and Romantic

KittyKat1201 SILVER, Hoschton, Georgia

"Live life like you own it"

Totally awesome! Loved the ending c:

SheisLove BRONZE, Collingwood, Other

"I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind." - Leo Bucaglia

Ahh I loved this so much. So perfect, you're very talented!

MagicPen GOLD said...
on Feb. 23 2014 at 2:32 am
MagicPen GOLD, Victorville, California

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care"

"Oh BURN!!" My gosh. Great work! I said that out loud the second I finished reading. Wow! Talk about getting a reaction.

on Dec. 15 2013 at 11:08 am
abividrey SILVER, Delphi, Indiana
This is absoluetly amazing and describes exactly how i feel at most times when it comes to a boy. I love this so much and you're an amazing writer. Do you have a twitter or a facebook or even an email? I would like to share some of my writing with you and ask what you think.

on Sep. 28 2013 at 9:11 am
nainamishra99 BRONZE, Hong Kong, Other

"If you love something, it's worth fighting for. No matter what the odds." -Aria Montgomery, Pretty Little Liars.

This was such an amazing, shocking peice! I could not predict the ending until the last line. It is exactly what I am feeling right now and I love how you added humor and imagery. Your an amazing writer!

on Jun. 24 2013 at 11:47 am
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

Yes this was indeed a shocking piece! I enjoyed the ending of course, and you set it up in an easy to follow manner. Great job! By the way, may I say you have a great taste in music! Panic! at the Disco, is my favorite band! I should be going to see them soon, on tour with Fall Out Boy. I also love The Beatles with a passion haha, and Regina Spektor is also great!

on Mar. 12 2013 at 7:10 am
thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

WOW. smart piece

amelia.estaire SILVER, Osceola, Indiana

"I take real people and put them in extraordinary situations." - Robert Cormier

Sadly, true. but this piece is amazing!

on Oct. 12 2012 at 9:45 am
KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina

"Yet God has made everything BEAUTIFUL for its own time. He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

That ending was awesome!! I like how you called the person you were talking about out :) very good :)

on Oct. 9 2012 at 10:13 am
PatientSoul BRONZE, A Place, California

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

The end was, as I'm sure you've heard, very clever.

super8 PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas

"You ain't ever gonna burn my heart out!"

There is something about this story I really like. The ending is clever. 5 stars. 

on Jul. 16 2012 at 9:12 am
writer3499 GOLD, New Bedford, Massachusetts

"it's impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all-in which case you fail by default."
-J.K.Rowling

loved the ending...amazing

on Jul. 16 2012 at 4:24 am
kate12345me GOLD, Sydney, Other

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Thoreau
"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."

I thought this was a bit of a bore, until I got to the end...wow! I loved it. How beautifully painful. You have a real talent, good on you.

on Jul. 8 2012 at 11:13 am

Beautiful! It was very poetic and somewhat true. People can really be like this...

Heartless. 

It was a bit depressing but touching! This boy made of pillows act like a true boy who doesn't care.

I loved the comparison and the way your character talks about it. It's magically tragic.

Bravo!

JPanda13 GOLD said...
JPanda13 GOLD, Roswell, New Mexico

just cuz you put syrup on somin dont make it pancakes
Whoever said sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me, had never been hit with a dictionary

awww depressing!!!! :(

lilyloveswriting BRONZE, Morrisville, Vermont
i love it :) i can't explain it. at first i thought it would just be about how different the fake boy was to the real one, how the real boy was so much better, but it's just the opposite.this article totally proves that less is always more :) great, fantastic job :)

Vanner96 said...
Vanner96, Locust Grove, Georgia

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~Romans 12:2

I love it!!!! I totally agree with EliteCobra9000! I was at first iffy about this but you rocked it!Def a fav!!!!

on Apr. 19 2012 at 10:47 am
EliteCobra9000 BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona

Get After It

wow. just wow. at first glance, i thought this would be one of those soppy love stories where the girl lives happily ever after, but no. you twisted this in such a way that fit perfectly to the style of writing i personally enjoy. when i read the last sentence i was stunned! this was brilliant!