Just Like You This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Today, I made a boy out of pillows and old clothes to look like you.
I told him that I liked his eyes, that they were a spectacular shade of blue. He did not ­compliment me back.
I read him my poetry. He did not offer me a ­critique or wild exclamations of how much he loved my writing. Instead, he stayed quiet.
I walked with him in the woods behind my house. He did not try to hold my hand.
I baked him a lovely chocolate cake – your ­favorite. He did not flatter my delicious ­baking skills.
And when he grew tired I set him down next to me on the bed. He did not caress me, he did not kiss me, he did not whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and he did not tell me that he loved or needed me.
Yes, I made a boy out of pillows today. He doesn't just look like you; he acts like you, too.

SheisLove said...
Mar. 15 at 9:42 pm:
Ahh I loved this so much. So perfect, you're very talented!

MagicPenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23 at 2:32 am:
"Oh BURN!!" My gosh. Great work! I said that out loud the second I finished reading. Wow! Talk about getting a reaction.

abividreyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:08 am:
This is absoluetly amazing and describes exactly how i feel at most times when it comes to a boy. I love this so much and you're an amazing writer. Do you have a twitter or a facebook or even an email? I would like to share some of my writing with you and ask what you think.

nainamishra99 said...
Sept. 28, 2013 at 9:11 am:
This was such an amazing, shocking peice! I could not predict the ending until the last line. It is exactly what I am feeling right now and I love how you added humor and imagery. Your an amazing writer!

DifferentTeen said...
Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:47 am:
Yes this was indeed a shocking piece! I enjoyed the ending of course, and you set it up in an easy to follow manner. Great job! By the way, may I say you have a great taste in music! Panic! at the Disco, is my favorite band! I should be going to see them soon, on tour with Fall Out Boy. I also love The Beatles with a passion haha, and Regina Spektor is also great!

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:10 am:
WOW. smart piece

a.e.always said...
Sadly, true. but this piece is amazing!

KandiceMichelle said...
Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:45 am:
That ending was awesome!! I like how you called the person you were talking about out :) very good :)

Athena101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:13 am:
The end was, as I'm sure you've heard, very clever.

Alan B. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
There is something about this story I really like. The ending is clever. 5 stars. 

writer3499 said...
Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:12 am:
loved the ending...amazing

kate12345me said...
Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:24 am:
I thought this was a bit of a bore, until I got to the end...wow! I loved it. How beautifully painful. You have a real talent, good on you.

DarknessInYourHeart said...
Jul. 8, 2012 at 11:13 am:

Beautiful! It was very poetic and somewhat true. People can really be like this...

Heartless. 

It was a bit depressing but touching! This boy made of pillows act like a true boy who doesn't care.

I loved the comparison and the way your character talks about it. It's magically tragic.

Bravo!

JPanda13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm:
awww depressing!!!! :(

lucasloveswriting said...
i love it :) i can't explain it. at first i thought it would just be about how different the fake boy was to the real one, how the real boy was so much better, but it's just the opposite.this article totally proves that less is always more :) great, fantastic job :)

Vanner96 said...
I love it!!!! I totally agree with EliteCobra9000! I was at first iffy about this but you rocked it!Def a fav!!!!

EliteCobra9000 said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:47 am:
wow. just wow. at first glance, i thought this would be one of those soppy love stories where the girl lives happily ever after, but no. you twisted this in such a way that fit perfectly to the style of writing i personally enjoy. when i read the last sentence i was stunned! this was brilliant!

SilverSun said...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:44 am:
So awesome.... so awesome. I have nothing to add to this because it is so perfect and so original! Thanks for your writing.

TaurusGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:11 am:
I smiled in the end. Wow~~!!! EPIC!!!! So funny, the last part.

Dirty-Hobolo33 said...
Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:52 am:
LOL this was great.