Leaving Diane | Teen Ink

Leaving Diane

October 4, 2009
By WordsAreWorthIt BRONZE, Brambleton, Virginia
WordsAreWorthIt BRONZE, Brambleton, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Why be realistic when you can be fancy!" -The Fancy Pants Adventures


“I love you.” Diane squeezed his hand. “You do know that right?”

Damian laughed. “Of course I know that, how could I not? I love you too.”

There was something different about the way he said it this time. “Day, what’s wrong?” Diane felt a little anxious, the look in his eyes scared her.

“There’s nothing wrong.” He smiled at her, his face looking almost angelic.

“Don’t lie to me.” She said, flatly. “You know I hate it when you lie to me.”

Damian frowned and it cast a dark shadow across his face. “You’re not going to like what I have to say.”

“Tell me anyway.” She threw her arms around his neck and he put his around her instinctively.

“Diane,” He said haltingly. “I have to leave you.”

“What?” Diane’s eyes widened and she pulled away. “Why?”

“Diane, please. Don’t make this difficult. I love you.” His face was tortured.

“Damian why are you leaving me?” She asked, a single tear dripping down her face.

“Diane, I’m not real.” He said, sadly. “You’re in a coma sweetheart, and its time for you to wake up.”


The author's comments:
I wrote this when I saw a challenge to write a love story with a surprising ending.