Guardian Angel; part 1 | Teen Ink

Guardian Angel; part 1

By unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia
unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

Just breathe. I chastised myself. I glanced down at my stack of papers, my schedule being at the top, to see what my first class was. Advisory with Miss Crenshaw. I looked back up just in time to keep from running into a guy with a Mohawk. He glared at me, moving on. I paused at a door checking once more to make sure the room was right.
“Here we go,” I murmur. Opening the door, I winced at the squeaking noise it made. Every student looked up and I could feel the blood creeping up my cheeks. I hurried to the teacher’s desk and handed her my note from the office. Miss Crenshaw was a young lady with long blonde hair and a petite figure. She smiled at me and pointed to a seat in the back. I sighed; I hated the back.
“Look at her dress,” a girl a few feet away whispered to her friends. She was tall, with light brown hair cropped at her chin. The other girls around her were dressed the same way with all the same haircuts. The “clones” beside her giggled in unison, taking a peek at my dress. I cast my eyes downwards to my dress. The blood red color fit in perfectly with my Californian tan. I didn’t guess it would already be below freezing here. I made my way to my desk ignoring the easily recognizable “mean girls”. I was stopped by a guy whose legs blocked my way to my desk.
“Excuse me,” I said annoyingly. The guy turned his face to me, his mouth set as a scowl. For a moment I was taken aback by his beautiful green eyes. They were the color of a dark forest. He moved his feet and I slid by him. My hip touched his arm ever so slightly and sparks shot up. I eased myself into my seat ever so subtly watching Green Eyes as I did. He was laughing with his friend, a guy I found less attractive than him. The girl who commented on my dress walked towards me. Her clacking stilettos made it hard to think straight. She glared at me as if it was my fault I existed. I scowled back and watched in disbelief as she kissed the mysterious boy in front of me. Green Eyes pushed her away and fire flashed in her eyes.
“Why won’t you kiss me?” she wailed, crossing her arms over her chest.
“Carrie, I told you this past weekend we are over. For good now,” he leaned back in his chair, so I could see his notebook. In the top right hand corner, in small block lettering was the name Mark. Suddenly an audible gasp echoed throughout the room. I glanced around franticly wondering what could cause such a commotion. Everyone sat gaping at Mark and Carrie, even Miss Crenshaw. I slowly turned back to watch the fight.
“Why do you have to be like this?” Carrie sputtered.
“Why do you have to make fun of all the other girls that aren’t cool enough or aren’t skinny enough? I happen to know that some of them are really awesome,” Max shot back. Carrie’s mouth hung open; she knew she had lost that one. She took one more glance at me before storming off. I had to grin; I looked over and apparently, so did Mark.
The bell rang; it was a loud and clanging sound. Students started rushing out of the classroom to get to their next class. I took my time and was last out the door. Instead of going to my locker, I slowly shuffled to my next class. My head was starting to spin and my legs felt a little shaky. One look up and I saw Mark throwing some books in his locker. I walked towards him, hoping to go by unnoticed.
Suddenly my legs flew out from under me and I fell to the ground. Please, no. God, no. Don’t tell me it’s coming back. I yelled in my head. I closed my eyes; the ceiling was spinning too much. I heard a pair of shoes slow by my head.
“Hello?” A pause. “Alexandra?” I tried to scream but it was like my throat was sucked in. I could feel my breath going too fast, too shallow.
“Help,” I finally muttered. “Help me.”
“What happened?” he raised his voice. I wanted to quiet him but couldn’t. I opened my eyes into slits. Everything was black except for a glowing, white figure leaning over me. My Guardian Angel, I thought sleepily. He had the greenest eyes I had ever seen.
“Help,” I mouthed the words one again. I closed my eyes. My green-eyed angel held me in his arms and cried. Don’t cry, I wanted to say, I will be one of you soon. Everything went into a dark abyss.

Alex's version of Killer eyes.

sparkofheart GOLD, Plymouth, Minnesota

"Always" - Severus Snape

ohhhhhhh nevermind haha this is from alex's POV :) 'sall good :) youre a really good writer by the way haha

sparkofheart GOLD, Plymouth, Minnesota

"Always" - Severus Snape

hm...really similar to killer eyes; part I...but really good nonetheless :)

turn_it_up(: said...
its really good! just one thing;

you (accidentally of course) put Max instead of Mark. idk if you noticed that or not.

"I happen to know that some of them are really awesome," Max shot back.

keep writing! I loved it! (:

thats good

your writing prowess is displayed perfectly in this magnum opus