What Love Means

"Katherine?"

"Yeah?"

His fingers searched for my hand in the dark. The moon was our only light, and the glimmering shine outlined his plump lips and round nose. I rolled closer to him, wet grass chilling my back.

"Katherine?"

"What is it?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me."

"Come closer."

I strained my neck upwards and lay my face next to his so our cheeks brushed. His breath was hot on my face:

"Don't leave."

"It was never my plan."

A long pause went by. We waited for the stars to shine brighter. I let him curl his fingers between mine.

"You don't understand."

"And what is it I do not understand, Tyler?"

"Love."

"Do I have to? Is it vital?"

Silence. I melted into him. He turned his face to me, expression of warm rain.

"Not now. But it will be."

He folded me into his arms and took me to a place where I imagined never coming a time when knowing what love meant would matter.

pndze said...
oooh! ths makes me get tht twist in my stomach! bravo! lol.

weirdonpurpose said...
intriguing to say the least, good job! I'm curious about the whole story now...

aspiring.author.09 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! All this feedback about wanting to know the whole story has inspired me to actually elongate this passage. :)

Dr@maGeek said...
Very compelling it makes me want to know how the charicters got to this point...but yeah the last sentance was confusing.

Nov. 4, 2009 at 8:22 am
Thank you for all the comments, guys! I will work on the last sentence, as I do agree, it is sort of confusing. Thanks!

EmmaXoxo<3 said...
Very sweet!
Keep up the good work! ;)

jesusfreakgirl said...
CHILLS!!!!
but the last sentence was hard to understand...