He Doesn't Even Notice Me, or Does He? | Teen Ink

He Doesn't Even Notice Me, or Does He?

He doesn't even notice me. I mean, he does, but it's just a glance while he's scanning the surrounding area for a friend he’s been talking to. A girl friend, possibly soon to become his girlfriend.
On the first day of school I walked into my third class, wishing for the day to be over. The stress was too much, although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I was one of the first in the room, so I took a seat at the far end of the room. Once the room was full, I realized I was surrounded by strangers. Lower classmen I didn't even know. My second day in that class I took a seat on the other side of the room with students my age.
That's when I noticed him. He was so cute and when he smiled, my heart skipped a beat. Butterflies flapped their wings, trying to escape my stomach. I wanted to talk to him, but didn't know how. So instead of making conversation I asked for help.
“Um...Do you know how to do this? I’m so confused,” I started off, with a little laugh. I hoped he couldn’t hear the nervousness.
“Yeah,” he said and went on to explain what we had to do.
“Thanks,” I said quietly.
Everyday was the same. Almost. He sometimes asked me for help. I loved when he did that because I loved to hear his voice. I pretended not to like him too much. And I didn’t want to show him how desperate I was to have a friend in that class.
One day, a few weeks into class, he moved seats. He moved one seat over so there was one between us. I could have sat next to him, but I chose to sit in my normal seat. Is that what he wanted? To no longer have to talk to me? I wasn’t the prettiest girl, but he could have just stopped talking to me. It wasn’t like I had talked to him everyday and flirted. I had barely talked to him at all!
It went on like that for a few more classes, until one day he moved back. He talked to me first this time.
“Hey. Can you help me with this?”
I was angry with him so I just said, “Sorry. I don’t know how to do it. Ask the teacher.” I leaned on my arm, facing away from him. Yes, it was childish, and yes, it made my heart ache to do it. But somewhere inside of me, I felt it was the right thing to do.
Those gut instincts proved right, when the next class he sat next to me with a bright, lovely smile. “Hey. What’s up?”
“Nothing,” I said. “What’s up with you?”
We went on like that, making small talk. Finally, what I had been hoping and wishing for came true. At the end of class, he stopped me by grabbing my arm and letting everybody else out.
“I have a question.” He seemed a bit nervous. It made me nervous also.
“Yeah?”
“Um...” he cleared his throat. “I like you and I want to get to know you better. Will you go out with me this Friday?”
I couldn’t even speak. But the look on his face showed me that he was more nervous than I. “Sure.”
His smile lit up his face. I gave him my number, thinking, Maybe he did notice me after all, and walked out of the room composed, while inside I was jumping for joy.

This sort of happened to me. Except for the happy ending, but I wanted it to have a happy ending, so I wrote it out.

on Dec. 12 2010 at 8:41 am
xBaByGiRrL22x PLATINUM, Pearl River, New York

"The goal isn't to live forever, but create something that will."
"If you wanna go, baby let's go; if you wanna rock, I'm ready to roll.''
"No one ever said it'd be easy. They just said it'd be worth it." <3

soooo cuutee( :

Batmaan BRONZE said...
on Dec. 5 2010 at 12:14 am
Batmaan BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." -Stephen King

i wish boys could tell you that they liked you and have the guts to ask you out...anyways you are a wonderful writer,you better keep on writing! :)

on Nov. 25 2010 at 1:55 pm
sabina22 BRONZE, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Haha aww this happened to me, too, last period of the day for me. The ending, not so much, but everything up until it, yes! Haha, I love the way you wrote it, nicely done :)

Dayne22 SILVER said...
on Nov. 21 2010 at 1:17 pm
Dayne22 SILVER, Las Cruces, New Mexico

"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication"- Leonardo DaVinci "Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are" -Markus Zusak "I'm just trying to be me... Whoever that is" Unknown

awww this reminds me of third and sixth period hahaha :D

on Nov. 20 2010 at 4:40 am
thestorycritic GOLD, Hyderabad, Other

Live life King Size

Awwwwwwwww! :) How sweet! :)

on Nov. 13 2010 at 8:25 pm
classngrl BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

the sun also shines on the wicked.

-lucius Seneca

thats what i say too!!

Maranda SILVER said...
on Oct. 30 2010 at 10:06 pm
Maranda SILVER, East Haddam, Connecticut

"Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway."

Thank you:)

on Oct. 29 2010 at 9:09 am
D_Beauty BRONZE, Euclid, Ohio

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way."

I showed it to my other two friends and they both said, "Awww!" 

on Oct. 29 2010 at 9:08 am
D_Beauty BRONZE, Euclid, Ohio

Oh my goodness! I thought this was the cutest story. I loved it so much. I can definetly relate to this. You have to keep writing! 

on Oct. 17 2010 at 6:16 pm
I can realate to most of this story... except her story had a happier ending then mine :-/
you have wonderful talent-- keep writing! XD

kadejah said...
on Sep. 15 2010 at 10:34 am
I can agree. I feel the same way. Most girls do what she did.

on Aug. 23 2010 at 8:55 am
paranomial PLATINUM, Hyderabad, Other
yeah sure i will thanks :) 

Maranda SILVER said...
on Aug. 22 2010 at 8:12 pm

Look up......He Doesn't Even Notice Me, or Does He? Part 2.....and you'll find the second part

on Aug. 17 2010 at 7:53 am
paranomial PLATINUM, Hyderabad, Other
cute story..really liked it alot :) please continue the story if possible..well written :)

on Jun. 11 2010 at 12:01 pm
Annabelle294 SILVER, Branford, Connecticut
This is adoarable, Such a cute love story!

on May. 28 2010 at 9:25 pm
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

aww! i just wish it happened like this!!! its better for a guy to take the initiative:) 

on May. 24 2010 at 1:02 pm
xhayleyx PLATINUM, Westport, Indiana
i can sort relate to this story...except this actually turns out good
i can't even talk to the guy i like :(

I<3mybff said...
on May. 18 2010 at 7:14 pm
I understand completly! My best fried is a guy and i hope someday to become his girlfriend, but he doesn't notice.

on May. 15 2010 at 7:47 pm
kurairamen SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina
Ok, I can totally connect with this story. Hapenned to me last year. Didn't turn out how I wanted, but, still, this is a great short.

Radiogirl247 said...
on May. 13 2010 at 5:21 pm
Radiogirl247, The Woodlands, Texas

You dont stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing.

This is amazing! I love it!! Its soooo cute!!! Maybe later if you want you can read some of my work too? Please comment I would love to hear from you! This truly is amazing.