EC+AM=4ever Chapter 5 | Teen Ink

EC+AM=4ever Chapter 5

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

10:00 p.m.
Evalynne's House

"Hey," Ash greeted me as I walked outside. Once Ash had flickered his light, I grabbed a jacket and silently snuck out the front door.

"Hey," I whispered back.

"Don't worry, we won't have to whisper once we get to the park." Then he took my hand and we strolled down the sidewalk.

My entire body warmed just from coming in contact with him. I loved the feeling of his larger, stronger hand gripping my smaller, more fragile one. I snuck a glance at him from the corner of my eye.

He was just so hot! Nothing like any of the other boys that went to my school. Compared to them, he was like one of those Abercrombie and Fitch models. Like a beautiful rose in a field of plain, ugly dandelions.

We arrived at the park, sitting next to each other on the swings. "You look beautiful tonight." Ash said to me. I had traded my glasses for contacts, and ran a comb through my hair before I came.

I usually never wore contacts because I hated putting them in my eyes, but tonight was special. I had to look good tonight for Ash. "Thanks," I replied.

"Sorry about my mom. She's not very good company to invite over."

"No, that's ok. My parents and I didn't mind." I assured him.

"She never used to be like this. But ever since..." He trailed off at the end, looking over at me as if he just remembered I was sitting next to him.

"Ever since what?" I asked.

"Ever since, um...the divorce." he replied, sounding a bit unsure of himself.

"Oh, she was pretty angry about it?"

"Yeah, but she wasn't exactly mad about it, just...uspet. It seems like ever since the divorce she's been really empty. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean." I said.

"I just hate seeing her like this because I know it was all my fault."

"I'm sure it wasn't your fault at all! Lots of people get divorced, you can't help it." I didn't want him to blame himself for his mom's unhapiness. It just wasn't right.

"Right, lots of people divorce." His voice sounded distant like he was lost in thought. He looked away from me for a moment.

"Well we didn't come here to talk about our parents anyways. We came here so that he could be alone together." I reminded him, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, you're right." He turned back to me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "So no glasses tonight?"

"No, I decided to go with contacts." I replied.

"Well I think you look gorgeous either way."

I blushed, "Aw, that's sweet."

"Yeah, I'm just so happy to finally get the chance to be alone with you. You know, ever since the first day I saw you, I've a bit of a crush on you. I just didn't know if you felt the same about me."

"Well I've actually felt exactly the same as you. I've had a crush on you too." I confessed.

"So if we both like each other, then does this mean we're boyfriend and girlfriend?" he asked.

"I think it does, what about you?"

"I think it does too."

"So we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Yep," Then he leaned over and kissed me. It was soft and gentle and sent chills through my body. "Sealed with a kiss,"

A slow smile spread across my face. "It's so beautiful sitting out here at night," I said to myself. "Looking up at all the stars,"

"They're nothing compared to you."

"You're not too bad yourself." I replied playfully. For a moment we just sat there, gazing up at the stars.

Then Ash grabbed my arm, "Follow me," He led me over to a tree and picked up a sharp stone laying next to it.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

And then he carved something into the tree: EC+AM=4ever

"I've never actually done this before, but I've always wanted to. I've seen it done in so many movies and I just think it's romantic." Ash replied.

"So do I. Now this is like, our special tree." I laughed at how dorky I sounded and Ash did too.

"Yeah, it is." he agreed. And I knew that right then and there, I had fallen in love with Ash. I never wanted that night to end. But as we were talking under our tree, bright headlights came into view.

"Ash, what are you doing out here so late?" Ms. Mongolia demanded, getting out of her car. "I've been driving around, looking for you for fiteen minutes!"

"Sorry, Mom, I was just--"

"You know what, I don't care." she cut him off mid-sentence. "Get in the car, we're going home." She shot one deathly glance at me before turning on her heel and stalking off towards her car.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't think she would even realize I left." Ash apologized.

"It's ok. It isn't your fault." I said. Then he smiled weakly and walked away.

I stood up and began walking back to my own house. A perfect moment with Ash ruined once again, by Ms. Mongolia. I needed to make up a nickname for her like I did for Julianne. The Queen of Mean, that fit her perfectly.

Dear Diary,

Yesterday night was amazing. Ash and I really connected. He even kissed me! It was perfect, absolutely perfect.

Until The Queen of Mean ruined it all! I hate Ms. Mongolia so much! What's her deal anyways? I know she had a rough divorce with her husband, but that gives her no right to be such a witch!

And it definitely doesn't give her any right to completely destroy Ash's life either! I knew there had to be more to it than just the divorce. She had have some other reason to act the way she does. And Kristy and I are going to find out what it is.

No matter what it takes.

I walked into Sadie's, spotted Kristy, and walked over to the table she was sitting at.

"Hey, I have some big news!" I cried.

"Yeah, so do I." Her face was grim.

"Me first!" I declared. "Yesterday night, I kissed Ash! Oh my gosh, Kristy, it was perfect! But then The Queen of Mean showed up and made him come home."

"Who's The Queen of Mean?" she asked.

"Oh, that's what I call Ash's mom now."

"Oh, well I really need to tell you something that I found out during my research."

"Wait, there's more! Ash and I snuck out last night and went to the park. Then we were sitting on the swings, talking and he told me I looked beautiful. It was so sweet!"

"Yeah, speaking of that, where are your glasses?" she asked me.

"From now on, I'm going to wear contacts. Especially for Ash! Oh, and I haven't even gotten to the best part yet! He carved EC+AM=4ever into a tree to represent our relationship! Isn't that so sweet?"

"Yeah, it is, but I need to tell you something." she said, her voice dead serious.

"Wait, let me just tell you what I found out for research first. His mom works at Staples, the company part, and her and his dad got a divorce. She didn't take it very well either."

Kristy opened her mouth to speak, but then a waiter approached our table. "Hello, ladies, what can I get for you today?"

"I'll just have a can of Diet Coke, please." I said.

"Yeah, me too." Kristy added.

"Alright, your drinks will be here in a moment." He fake-smiled and then walked away. And I began thinking about Ash again.

"Oh Kristy, Ash's is perfect, he really is! I never thought I'd meet anybody like him. I feel like he's everything I ever wanted."

She sighed deeply, "There's something you should know about him."

"Here are your drinks," the waiter said, setting our cans of pop down on the table.

"Thank you," I replied. "Now what were you saying?" I asked Kristy.

"There's something you should know about Ash. His parents didn't get a divorce." she told me.

"Well then why don't they live together?"

"Because Mr. Mongolia is dead. Ash killed him."

This is chapter 5 of the novel I'm working on. And thanks for everyone who's following along with the story, I really hope you like it!

Anjo! SILVER said...
on Oct. 4 2009 at 1:53 am
Anjo! SILVER, Roseburg, Oregon
Dude. Awesome! but again, waaaay too rushed and waaay too many exclamation points. haha. but i love it! and i totally knew that his dad was dead!!! gah! awesome.

Fredwardness SILVER, Romeo, Michigan

"The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun" -The Killers (Read My Mind)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -George Harrison

dang im speechless, didn't expect that

KiraKira PLATINUM, Cardiff By The Sea, California

Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

oh, woah. This is really just getting more awesome! Each conflict is so origional and captivating!