Breakup Advice

By , Putnam, IL
After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

orangeapple said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 12:04 am
My ALMOST bf left the day I was going 2 ask him 2 be my official bf. He sent me a stupid email. Im trying to get over it but everytime I heart from him or see a picture or hear a certain Song I break down crying. He told me 2 "Go cry him a river build a bridge and get over it" I never knew words could hurt so much. Frankly I would rather go cry a river then jump in it and drown but oh well.

orangeapple said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 12:00 am
Friday Night my Almost bf sent me an email saying we needed to break up. well let me tell you he got ALOT of hate messages from my friends. I was depressed and I am going emo. I asked him if we could be friends, cuz hes such a big part of me, but I wish I could just run up to him and hug him and never let him go. I thought he loved me. All the other girls say hes a player and I should just get over him.... Life would be so much better if I had never told Him I liked him. He told me 2 "cry... (more »)

ohcaptainmycaptain said...
Remember the good and forget the bad. Thinkl back and realize all the fun and good that came of the relationship. Some things aren't meant to be. Believe I know it's hard and even worse when you feel all is well and good then a simple something floods all the memories right back. But Dr. Suess said it best, "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." As cliche as it sould time always seems to make things easier. Surround yourself with people you love and trust and things will seem ... (more »)

XxLoveDrunkxX replied...
Nov. 21, 2011 at 1:10 am
i can really relate to this me and my ex BF ben broke up...well he broke up with me after 2 months he made me feel so happy i was never a person with good self esteem but he made me feel good about my self he ended up cheateding on me i was extremly hurt i still am he's with one of my friend's ex gf Ben i miss you </3

citylightsgirl93 said...
this was very true. my boyfriend just broke up with me after being together for over a year. I was devastated and still am. Sadly, I still have hope the he will come back to me. Most days I'm okay, but I have those moments when I sit back and realize how much i miss him. Great job writing this.

Gothgirl said...
I so understand this. I love it. Look back over it though. You put two "thats" sorry if i sound like a jerk just trying to help.

Jesse T. said...
I know exacly how you feel. SO true.

britt_18 said...
ahhh its so freaking hard to move on though, like i'll be okay for a bit and then i'll start thinking about him and its so hard to deal with! I can't help wondering if we'll ever end up with each other again .

PAOLA-ARLETTY replied...
OMG, definitely! I have never gone through this, but you're right! i really do understand you despite! 

evergreen232 replied...
i kno!! its really hard to realize that hes not the only thing in life that can make u happy!

Angel123 said...
This is so true. i just went through a breakup and it hurts so mad. I feel like i did nothing wrong and yet im being treated like the bad guy. Or girl, in this case. It sucks so much. I dont know wat to do anymore, but i dnt think i can forget. I keep Trying, even if it hurts me more.

CookieMonstaaa replied...
i know you feel my boyfriend left me after 8months for nothing, and it's horrible. every girl deserves better

Angel123 replied...
That's true. My bf left me a day before our 7 month anniversary. But I realized I dnt need him. I'm better off without him

cookiemonstaaa97 replied...
wow. didn't know how much i'd have in common with some one on here. yeah mine left me sunday night, and monday was 8 months. I've realized that too, my friends do a much better job at keeping me happy anyways :)

Angel123 replied...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 9:52 am
Exactly. Plus I realize that a break up brings out a persons true thoughts and actiojns, and he's a real jerk. He blamed everything on me. And then said it was my fault he is the way he is

cookiemonstaaa97 replied...
if my ex said that to me he'd have a black eye. mine just said after fighting for two days i think we should see other people with a smile.

Angel123 replied...
Haha that wud be nice.

twilightlover said...
dang it is hard. i mean i have gone through some hard break ups and all but this last one has been the hardest. im still in love with this dude and all but he's going after someone else and he says that we're just friends and all that but the way he kisses me kinda says different but he doesnt want to get to attached. so yeah. i mean its really really hard to let go.

BlakeAyrl replied...
May 10, 2011 at 11:48 am
yeah the girl i am in love with pushed me away and just totally changed but now we plan on trying again in a little while but the scars still linger

twilightlover replied...
yeah you just got to be careful and mind the scars. you dont want it to happen again, have you ever tried talking to her about it?