Breakup Advice

After those amazing relationships end, you have to ask yourself how things will continue. If you broke up with your partner, you must either be unhappy with them, mad at them, tired of them, or some other circumstance. So, if it is you who breaks up with the other, stop and think. As one single person, you don't have any idea what the other might go through. One moment to you is completely different that that of another. For example, you might go on a date and have the time of your life, oblivious to that fact that the one you care for is about to slit their wrists in boredom.
Just and example.
But that is something that you can relate to a breakup. You might think that things are better off without the other. They might be tripping and falling behind you, trying to catch up and get you back. It happens a lot, and these breakups are the worst. I myself went through one. And I've scraped my knees so much over these past to years tripping and falling after her(yes, two years. She's so beautiful I can't stop thinking about her). I've found out the the first and most important thing you can do to stay out of those horrible, bad break ups, is to forget. Easier said then done, right? Well, there is only one way to completely get over such a thing. Overwrite the memories that the two of you shared. Now, people call this a rebound, but isn't every boyfriend/girlfriend after the first a rebound? You must make better memories with this person. Have a greater time, and think about the new things you share rather then all the things you used to share with the other. Take it from me, with time, almost everything is mendable.

COMMENT AND WRITE YOUR OWN STORY BACK!

on Oct. 16 2011 at 8:56 pm
paperandpen SILVER, Hutchinson, Minnesota

Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering. St. Augustine

me and ex were together for ten months before he broke up with me. i thought he was the one..he made so many promises, and he said he loved me. i've been so hurt because i found out he lied..about everything. i found out he cheated on me and didn't even care for me the way i wish he did. love hurts so much, especially when it never lasts.

on Oct. 8 2011 at 8:40 pm
ThePeaceDaisy BRONZE, Albany, New York

“Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by color.” - Unknown
I will change this every week!

this isn't a poem..

on Oct. 3 2011 at 5:16 pm
MoonHeart SILVER, PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania
I went through exactly that with my boyfriend, in a short time of only 5 months. We were on and off and every time he wanted me back even after i had hurt him and he had hurt me. Every time he either took me back or i took him back. Now we are together, again, and we will stay together for as long as we can. THis time I wont let him go. Breakups suck!

on Sep. 23 2011 at 5:15 pm
AllThingsTheatre BRONZE, Vidor, Texas
Well obviously he isn't the nicest sweetest best guy ever if he would be so mean to say that! There will be another guy out there for you! And he will love you back, and respect you.

zanay BRONZE said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 12:25 am
zanay BRONZE, Van Nuys, California

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

I am dating a guy who is too awkward, reserved, and unemotional to the point where he's boring. I know those seem like trivial reasons because he is super nice, but after 5 months it's become almost unbearable. Which leads me to my main question: I want to break up with him, but we go to different high schools so seeing each other is really rare. I feel bad breaking up with him in person cause it means that it took us an hour of transportation to see each other, just to hear me say that I don't wanna see him anymore, but at the same time breaking up over the phone seems too mean and impersonal. Added to that is that I'm almost 4 years younger than him (I'm 15, he's 19), yet so far I have been more decisive in the relationship. If anyone has any advise, please tell me. Thanks!

zanay BRONZE said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 12:12 am
zanay BRONZE, Van Nuys, California

Hey, I'm sorry, I wrote this on the wrong article. :P I did have a question about this though. I'll just write it as a seperate thread.

zanay BRONZE said...
on Sep. 23 2011 at 12:10 am
zanay BRONZE, Van Nuys, California

I love teenink! I've noticed there are a lot of bullies and trolls on the website now, which makes me really sad.

on Sep. 22 2011 at 6:09 am
Good for you! I'll definitly read it. I havn't written anything yet, but I'm working on a couple things.

on Sep. 19 2011 at 5:43 pm
clumsyteardropper SILVER, Roslyn, Pennsylvania

"You can't help others, if you yourself need help" -my sister ;) love it!

thanks :)  i really appricate that... I find, tho, that writing about things that have happened to me help me to move on and live my life.  the recent thing that i wrote is not exactly about that guy i talked about, but all the emotional pain it caused me in the future.  this past March, I went through a really rough time... but i'm okay now.  i wrote about my experience.  it's called "Iron Box" by me :)  you should check it out... i would love the feedback.  i'd love to read anything you've written if you have indeed posted something :)

hejlna said...
on Sep. 19 2011 at 3:01 pm
:) smile. hating yourself won't get you anywhere. you need to slap away the tears, banish the memories, and be the strong, brave, beautiful girl that you are.

on Sep. 17 2011 at 10:36 pm

yeah... i know.  but im making it through.  everything still... hurts........ he made me to hate myself..... so im damaged emotionally, phisically, AND mentally.  but, like "hejlna" said... i might write about it.  you guys should check it out whenever it gets post (thts if i do).  just remember... i'm "clumsyteardropper" :)

on Sep. 17 2011 at 6:49 pm
AllThingsTheatre BRONZE, Vidor, Texas

Wow. Thats sad!

on Sep. 16 2011 at 3:34 pm
BrittDawn PLATINUM, Winnipeg, Other

And at that moment, I swear we were infinite.

yeah your totally right :)

hejlna said...
on Sep. 16 2011 at 12:13 pm
wow. thats a story. i think u should write about it.

on Sep. 16 2011 at 11:15 am

this is a good poem because.like if you really love someone you can indadiocate this poem to that person

on Sep. 16 2011 at 9:36 am
I cannot aree with you more, my friend

on Sep. 16 2011 at 8:08 am

My story wasn't exactly break up... well here goes: years ago, this guy charmed me and swept me off my feet, so to speak. He was great, amazing... and i loved him. until the rainbows faded and the butterflies died.......... he wasn't who I thought he was. he became abusive, he manipulated into doing unspeakable things. i can barely even talk about it. *sigh*.... anyway.... one night he tried to "take advantage of me", ya know, (btw, hes 6 feet and 7inches tall :O with musles) but somehow, by some mircale (and i thank God for it) i fought him off and got away. i never saw him again...... i have a lot of permanent damage from all that. i love to run... but now it's hard to, becuz everything hurts.... i didn't even WANT a boyfriend... i was only 11... and he was a lot older... like i said, he manipulated me........

on Sep. 15 2011 at 10:20 am
tinejohnson SILVER, Eagle Mountain, Utah

I am awesome and everyone knows it. If you dont know it than you are not worth my time.

When you can wake up in the morning, happy for no reason other than that you can see him, when you can get dressed, thinking, he is going to love me in this. When you hold his hand and never want to let go, when you can go to him when no one else can help you, and just his presence can make it better. Thats what I thinbk being in love is. I could be wrong, but its what I am looking for. :)

on Sep. 11 2011 at 7:32 pm
Rocinante SILVER, Wexford, Pennsylvania
This is non fiction! Good article though, I just am surprised it's under fiction. It's the truth

on Sep. 7 2011 at 11:24 pm
october34 SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
It is so kind of you to say that... especially to soemone you don't know. :)

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!