Blue Sky part 2 | Teen Ink

Blue Sky part 2

By jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts

I saw Jenna walking toward Science class and I ran to catch up with her. “Hi.” I said once I was by her side. “Hey.” she said while smiling at me. I grabbed her arm to slow down our walking pace so we would have some time to talk. “What did you want to tell me? Like what where you trying to tell me in English right before the bell rang?” I asked anxious to hear what she had to say. Our voices turned into whispers as we walked into the class room. Jenna didn’t say anything until we took our seats which were right next to each other. “I was wondering what that was.” she answered. I gave her a curious look I had no idea what she was talking about. “What, what was?” I asked. She scooted closer to me, grabbed my notebook and opened to the page that I doodled on in English class. “That, what is it?” she asked me and she followed my gaze down to where Eric’s name was on the page surrounded by hearts. I took a deep breath ready to answer her question but right then the teacher walked in and began the class; I quickly whispered in her ear, “I will tell you at lunch.” Then I faced the teacher and focused what he was teaching us.

I walked down to the cafeteria with my paper bag lunch in my hand, I spotted the table that Jenna and I sat at everyday since the beginning of middle school and took a seat. Dumping my lunch onto the table I saw Jenna walking down the steps into the cafeteria and I motioned for her to come and take her seat across from me. “So spill, who is Eric?” she asked while taking her seat and picking up her sandwich. I slowly explained everything from the day I almost drowned to the day I met Eric at the same river; she sat in aw through the whole story not interrupting me just listening to everything I had to say. At the end of everything I told her she exploded in questions and excitement about how romantic Eric is and how him and I are perfect for each other. I listened to everything Jenna had to say and I was actually glad once the bell rang, glad that I could get away from all of Jenna’s questions. I walked out of the cafeteria with Jenna at my side and then I remembered that I had gym and we were playing Tennis this whole week; I hate Tennis.

I was ecstatic once the clock ticked to 2:30pm ending the school day and the excruciating gym class. I walked home with Jenna, I was in the middle of answering her question about Eric when Conner ran I between Jenna and I; I watched Jenna making sure that she was alright even though I knew she wasn’t, she just kept her eyes locked on Conner who was now laughing and joining his buddies not having a care in the world about how much he was making Jenna feel. I put my arm around her shoulder and I pulled her along around the corner so she couldn’t see Conner anymore. Once we were at the end of my street we hugged, I watched Jenna walk up the steps to her house then I walked past a couple more houses, up my driveway and into my house.

After I had dinner with my family I trudged off to my room to finish what homework I had left to do. I sat down at my desk trying to focus on finishing the chapter of my English book but my mind kept wondering, I kept daydreaming about seeing Eric again. Seeing his face, his eyes, just his presence makes my stomach whirl in a good way. I felt a cool breeze come from my window I felt like the wind was just screaming at me to go outside, I shut the book, put it into my backpack and walked toward the window. I looked down to see how far it was from the ground, it wasn’t that far it wouldn’t be a far drop if I hung from the windowsill and then let go…..I thought to myself; it was my chance and I had to take it, so I did. I walked across the room, stuck my head outside my room listening to where everyone was and luckily they were all downstairs; I shut my door and locked it. Opening the window I looked down just to make sure that it was an easy drop down and it was; I climbed over the windowsill and grabbed it with my hands. I slowly lowered myself so I was just hanging out the window, I took a deep breath and let go. Once my feet touched the ground I tucked myself into a bawl and rolled into the bushes so my parents wouldn’t see me I crawled out of the bushes slowly and then once I got out of the driveway I was home free; I bolted like a wild stallion down the road. I ran past Jenna’s house but then I stopped and walked back, I had an idea. I had grabbed my cell phone right before going out the window so I took it out and called Jenna’s cell phone. I wanted her to come with me and then I realized that I had never invited Jenna to come with me for any of my walks in the woods, ever. I told Jenna what to do and make sure that she didn’t get caught; giggling I watched her hang from her window and let go exactly like I had done. Once she was on the ground I grabbed her hand and pulled her up then we ran off into the woods laughing with excitement.

We walked far into the woods stopped once we walked into a small open field; there we just laid down under the blanket of shining stars and talked. We talked about many things, our parents, our family troubles, and last but not least we talk about guys; I think I did most of the talking since Jenna wasn’t up to talking much about Conner so she just listened well I went on about Eric. Soon Jenna and I got tired; we didn’t feel like getting up so we just laid there letting our eyelids fall, going into a deep sleep……

I woke up confused at first but then realizing what had happened last night I jumped up! I shook Jenna fiercely to wake her, she woke up dazed but then seeing my face she jumped up too. I took her hand and pulled hard I was just about to start running then Jenna pulled me back to her. “Wait.” she looked at me and giggled while plucking leaves out of my messy hair.

“Thanks but we don’t have time for this right now.” I told her pulling her harder and this time she came with me. We ran faster and faster out of the field, past many trees, into numerous branches and finally out of the forest. We got to Jenna’s house and luckily she had a tree next to her window which she quickly climbed up and through her still open bedroom window. “Jenna what time is it?” I yelled up to her once she got in her room.

“It’s 5:30 am!” she yelled back, we were both relieved considering that we both got up for school at 6 am and our parents were usually up at that time too.

“Thanks see you at 7!” I called after her while starting to walk to my house instead of running so I could catch my breath I walked slowly knowing I had plenty of time to get home before anyone in my house was up. Once I got to my house I found a slight problem I didn’t have a tree next to my bedroom window to climb up. I looked around for something, anything that would get be back into my room… just my luck I found nothing. I walked to the door praying it would be unlocked but knowing that it wouldn’t be; I turned the knob it was locked… of course. I looked for a way in and I found one instantly the bathroom window, I pushed it open, climbed through it while trying to make as little noise as possible. Once I got through the window I tiptoed up to my bedroom, in my bed and closed my eyes for the remaining 10 minutes until my mom would come in to wake me for another day of school.

Every chance I got would walk down to the river and stand there for five minutes just hoping he would show up; every time I went he was never there. My expectations got lower and lower each day I went; still no show. Weeks past and I was giving up on the thought of ever seeing him again; maybe he was just there that day to save my life and now that the job is done he is somewhere else. Jenna would keep reassuring me that he would show again, most likely when I least expected him to show. Hearing Jenna say that really got on my nerves considering that I always expected him to show up so I have no idea how that could possibly work.

Three days had passed, slowly, it was Saturday again, after I got in my jeans, a light blue t-shirt to match my eyes, and grabbed my dirty Converse sneakers I headed out. Too bad I couldn’t get out fast enough. My mom stood in front of me. “Skylar where are you going?” she asked. “I’m just going to take a walk.” I said. “Fine go but try not to get into any trouble.” she said smiling. I was glad my mom understood me since she was just like me when she was little, as she tells me often. My mom and I are just in love with the outdoors. “Thanks mom.” I said hugging her. “Be careful!” She yelled after me.

Soon I was deep into the woods. I loved being there so much. I wasn’t watching where I was going. I was just focused on looking at the beauty around me. Then I tripped over a tree root. That’s when I felt the blood. I had hurt my ankle and I felt the pain increasing. I didn’t know what to do. Suddenly I heard something and tried to get up but I couldn’t. I heard it again. I looked to the right and a few feet into the trees was a wolf. It looked hungry. I had an instant thought. “Eric!” I screamed out for him praying that just this once he would come. I could hear that yelling for him was also a cry of pain. I felt someone running from behind me. I knew it was him. He quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me up. “Come on.” he said

I hope to finish this story and get it published. My grandmother who is also writing many stories inspired me to start writing. Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series inspired me to write about teen romance.

on Feb. 25 2010 at 7:59 pm
thanks and ill make sure to fix them!

on Feb. 23 2010 at 7:07 pm
the-ampersand PLATINUM, Ogdensbury, New York
hahaha love that she immediately screams for eric even though she hardly knows him xD pretty cool. a few typos.

on Sep. 25 2009 at 6:46 pm
Annaxoxo SILVER, Swampscott, Massachusetts
keep going jen!!! you are doing great

on Sep. 24 2009 at 7:33 pm
EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

I love this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is great.

on Sep. 23 2009 at 4:53 pm
oops I forgot about that thanks I wil deff. fix it! thanks for the help an the great comment!

on Sep. 23 2009 at 4:21 pm
MM4ever PLATINUM, Owosso, Michigan
just one question : how did she get into her room if she locked her door? ... other than that it's great so far