My First Kiss

By , Roselle, IL
We sat there on his balcony looking at the stars on a summer night. The night sky is pitch black, well is suppose to be, the stars make the sky brighter. All of a sudden his arm went around my waist and that shocked me. It was unexpected. I didn't know what to say. I turned around to find his shining blue eyes staring down at me. I was speechless. The love that was in his eyes, it made skin tingle in a good way. I was afraid what will happen next so I turned away and looked at the sky. "Hey is that the big dipper over there?" I asked. I really didn't see the big dipper I just wanted to say something to break that seemed like an everlasting silence. " No thats the not the big dipper." He said queitly and content. Then he moved the arm the was around my shoulders to my waste as he moved a little bit closer.I felt his eyes staring at me trying to read my expression, my mind. A shiver sped down my spine as he started caressing my back. I turned to stare back at him not expecting anything. Until he kissed me and his lips stayed on mine for what seemed like a forever. It was so tender. caring and soft. Just like what I hoped my first kiss to be like. When it was over I knew everything had just changed between us and that made me a bit scared.

sk8erboi said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 9:16 am:
mine was just at the movies not romantic at all cause there was lik 6 friends just starring at me wen it happened

emily kay said...
mine was with my best friend. we keep it quiet cause we never dated but it was at night and as sweet, it didnt change much but it still happened. im glad it did (:

rain-rain111 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yea i had mine at that time too

summerlover said...
I find it very interesting that you write with short syntax. You may want to work on your revising/editing, or re-reading capabilities however. Overall though, the piece was cute. Next time just a little more work will go a long ways. Thanks for sharing your work!

Kimalima said...
You never told me u were kissed! but anyway good work just work on your grammar

rain-rain111 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 22, 2010 at 9:47 pm :
I know lol. i have to type fast because I dont want my family to see what I write. I hate it when I find spelling mistakes

Kimalima replied...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 9:59 am :
i kno exactly what u mean... like i can share it with the world cuz the world dont know me but i can't show it to my parents or anyone i know(cept u) cuz id die of embarrassment... and thats what my mom has a problem with

kathlyn16 replied...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 2:45 pm :
well i havnt had my first kiss yet i hope it would be like that and i like how u express yr self

Kimalima replied...
Jan. 24, 2010 at 10:29 am :
I've had kisses (parents and relatives) and my first kiss (boy when I was in kindergarten), but not my firs Kiss (when it actually means something)

KerAnn said...
I sure do wish my first kiss would have been like that. Good job.

forever2193 said...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 9:49 am:
wow!! i loved this-i also agree with the author that i would want my first kiss to be like that
so romantic! :)

Dec. 10, 2009 at 4:51 pm :
thanks!! i had my first kiss not romantic at all

Holycobra replied...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 8:43 pm :
Same here about the first kiss, mine was on a bus.

Jan. 1, 2010 at 10:18 pm :
mine was in a classroom and it was super quick

Alberta K. said...
Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:56 am:
wow! that was amazing keep going with this story

JordanNicole said...
Don't feel bad blueroses, I'm 16 and I haven't had my first kiss yet. It will happen someday; for both of us. I really like this piece...

aliciaturner said...
I wish my first kiss was like that..Great imagery

emily.louise said...
Better than my first kiss... in 1st grade with a guy who now is fat and always sweaty... can that not count??? Check out my dream 1st kiss in my article "First Kiss" please!

Jan. 1, 2010 at 10:19 pm :
i read it and it was great!!!!!!

choirchic said...
i wish my first kiss was like that but like emma in the hallway at school. not really romantic at all. this was really good.