Kiss Me One Last Time...

I’m pouring raspberry iced tea into wine glasses; we’re out of wine and I’m feeling an urge to be sophisticated.

Three ice cubes for me, none for Daniel. Inexplicably, he has never liked ice in his drinks.

I look up, my gaze falling on Daniel. We are in the middle of watching The Bourne Identity, since apparently it’s a crime that I hadn’t yet seen it. It is entertaining, but really, I’m only watching it for Daniel. He lives vicariously through Jason Bourne, I think.

I take the wine glasses in my hands and close the short distance between our tiny kitchen and the couch, setting the drinks on the coffee table. In my absence, Daniel has stretched out to occupy the entire length of the couch, which gives me no choice but to lie down on top of him. I am more than happy to do so.

As I gently climb over him, his arm comes up around my shoulders, pulling me down next to him. His head turns and his stunning green eyes meet mine. He smiles and I momentarily forget how to breathe.

We have been married for a year and a half now, and we see each other constantly, but somehow I am still blown away by his looks. He is easily the most attractive man I have ever seen, and I can’t help but notice that every time I look at him. On top of that, I am hopelessly in love with him. So things have worked out pretty well.

My hand is resting on his, and my head falls onto his chest as he strokes my hair.

Jason Bourne is now sprinting dramatically from whoever is pursuing him. Daniel is watching intently. I hate to distract him, but he’s seen this before and I can’t help myself. I press myself firmly against him and kiss him.

He looks at me, grinning sweetly. “What was that for?”

“Do I need a reason?” I ask softly, and kiss him again.

The look in his eyes is incredible, and makes me remember the first time he looked at me like that.

We had been dating for six months, and Daniel had just driven me home from an amazing dinner. We were standing outside the door to my apartment, trying to find the willpower to tear ourselves away from each other. I thanked him for the date, he complimented my dress for about the twentieth time, and then he kissed me. Now, we had kissed before that, but there was something else in that one. Something that made it... intoxicating. We pulled away, and then I kissed him back, knowing it was late and I needed to say goodnight. Three fantastic kisses later, I managed to pry myself away from him and unlock the door. We said goodnight, and right as I was stepping through the doorway, I turned and said,

“Kiss me one last time.”

And that was when this breathtaking expression graced his features. A mixture of surprise, utter delight, and one other thing. I didn’t recognize it then, but I know it well now.

It was love. Pure and honest love.

And that’s the look he’s giving me right now. It’s absolutely glorious.

He kisses me one more time, and then his gaze falls back on the glowing television screen. I don’t mind. His thumb is tracing tiny circles on my arm. I would be content to stay like this for days.

However, before I know it, and much too soon, the movie is over. It is close to midnight and we should both be getting to bed so we can get up for work in the morning.

I start to lift myself off Daniel, but he pulls me back down and envelops me in his arms. I smile into his chest. He smells like rain.

We stay like that for a while, and then he stands up.

“All right hon, I’m going to bed,” he says in his sultry baritone, turning off the TV and placing the untouched wine glasses back on the kitchen counter.

“I’ll be right behind you,” I reply as he comes over to kiss me goodnight. “Love you.” I mean it with every fiber of my being.

He smiles broadly. “I love you, too.” he says, then turns in the direction of our bedroom.

I sit for a moment, watching him. Then,

“Daniel?” I say.

He turns back to me.

“Kiss me one last time.”

He does.

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 19, 2011 at 9:21 pm:
AWWWWW that was amazingg ! absolutely and perfectly adorablee:P

MissingPiece said...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 9:56 am:
Exquisit, simply exquisit.

brokenangel124 said...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 8:42 am:
Excellent! Truly captivating in my opinion. I want more!

LunarRainstorm said...

This composition is absolutely superb. Your ability to so accurately and vividly describe emotion is amazing and captivating.

Excellent.

HollerGirl26 said...

"I’m pouring raspberry iced tea into wine glasses; we’re out of wine and I’m feeling an urge to be sophisticated.."

DEEYUM GIRL! That opening sentence intrigued me and made me wanna read more :P!! Gaahhhhh it was amazing <333 I LOVE IT TOO MUCH! You have got SKILL! Lordie...I am blown away, sweetheart <3...congratulations!! Maybe check out my stories!? THANK YUH!

krazyblazin1996 said...
Amazing, I loved this. I could really feel what you were writing about feeling. You should right more. Fantastic though.

singingdetective said...
Jan. 26, 2011 at 10:36 am:
I love it- I'm left wanting more-- of the story that is lol. I wanted a bit more detail though. Not too much, because that would make it gaudy and gross... But overall-- fantastic!

bigdreamer14 said...
Jan. 26, 2011 at 9:48 am:
Dude, seriously? They hadn't put this in the magazine? This is absolutely breath-taking and the use of description is breathtaking. For a minute though, I thought that she was going to find out if he was cheating on her since it sounded like their love was just too good to be true. I had my doubts there. However, I have no doubt that this was an amazing piece. Hopefully, you will take a look at my novel, Zap Me. I know from the title it sounds like it is a fantasy but it is everything but... (more »)

HippieNamedAnna said...
Oh my god. This was amazing. I wasn't really in the mood for romance, but I saw this one, and I was blown away.

twilightlover said...
oh my gosh that was so romantic, that im crying. that is what love is and i hope that i can find love like that one of these days. you are an amazing writer and you should keep it up. have you ever thought about publishing a book with short stories like that? cause if you did i would so buy it. gosh that was amazing! so please keep it coming!

TheContentedWanderer94 said...
Oh goodness! This was so cute! I hope my man will do the same. He's like this guy. I love it! Keep writing!

NKsunshine replied...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 9:25 pm :
Sooooo sweet:)

BrendansLeadingLady said...
C'est incroyable! Continuez à écrire!

xprezzionstar said...
Jan. 4, 2011 at 10:14 am:
awwwwwwwwww i love this its so sweet...is you really tried you could devolpe this into a full blown novel, but even as is...its wonderful!

puertoricanhottie said...
Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:58 am:
Luv it!  keeop writing it's great!

ShelbyMarie93 said...
Jan. 4, 2011 at 8:50 am:

AAWWW!!!!! That was so cute! Keep writing, you're great!

Hey, if you have time, could you check out some of my work? I'd love to hear what you think. :)

enigma99 replied...
Jan. 4, 2011 at 12:31 pm :
Yeah sure! :D

ShelbyMarie93 replied...
Jan. 4, 2011 at 1:37 pm :
Awesome, thanks :D

Marietta said...
Dec. 29, 2010 at 6:40 am:
i loooveee it. please write more

rockettegirl1 said...
This story shows true love! Keep writing!!