Once Upon A Timw | Teen Ink

Once Upon A Timw

By priceemi BRONZE, Rio, Wisconsin
priceemi BRONZE, Rio, Wisconsin

There was a girl that was zestful, she was royalty. Her name was Julia and was in line for the kingdom's throne. Julia wanted to learn how to cook in case something happened to her father. If she was no longer royalty, but she had to stay positive that nothing would happen. She went to the kitchen and then found one of her friends that she has known for her whole life. That friend was named Taylor, he was her closest friend. Julia and Taylor were in the kitchen, Taylor wanted to show Julia how to cook meat and to hack the right amount off. After she learned how to cook (it took two hours), Julia was so tired she went to lay in her bed and read a book. 

Julia’s father is the king his wife was the queen, but she passed away when Julia was only nine. The king had to find a suitor for his sweet innocent daughter so she can rule when he is done. Julia didn't have a say in what man she would marry when she turned 18. The only thing that she didn't want him to be is slothful. That's the only thing that her future husband couldn't be. Julia wanted a man that was nice, smart and fascinating, he couldn’t be boring and didn’t want to do anything for her kingdom. Her father wanted to find a man that was with the same qualities as his daughter.  

Julia’s father took two months to find some men that could make his daughter happy for years and years to come. He wanted to make a grand entrance that would make his daughter look alluring to all the possible suitors. There would have to be a ball so Julia could meet all the men that her father picked by himself. The ball was set for two weeks from now. 

TWO WEEKS LATER 

The ball is set for tonight, Julia told her father that she was nervous and couldn’t wait to get all dressed up while dancing the night away. Julia had to find one of her ball gowns to wear, this is the part where she missed her mother the most. She can’t go to her father for guy advice because that would be weird. The ball is one hour away and she still hasn’t found a dress that she loves. Then comes a knock on her door, she puts her robe on and opens the door. It's her father with something behind his back. First, he hands her a card that says Julia on it. She asks ‘’who is it from’’, her father says ‘’YOur mother, she wrote it before you turned eight’’ she told me ‘’ Give this to Julia when the time has come for her selection on men’’. Julia almost lost her cool, she didn’t want to read it then her father gave her something in a white zip-up bag and it was huge. 

She doesn't know what to think about all this, her father wanted her to read the letter alone. So he told her ‘’to be ready soon you have a while to get things situated before you have to go downstairs’’ Julia had to think about what she wanted to do about the letter from her mother.

The letter said…..

This letter is for you Julia whenever you have a problem just read this letter and you will have an idea of what to do. So when you turn 18 you're going to have to find a suitor and there will be what royal people call a selection. Heres my opinion on the selection, to me it's not worth the time. But your father probably picked like 15 men that are almost the same to you, my sweet daughter. If he is giving you this letter then the time has come where you have to pick your future husband in a time frame form tonight and the next two months. 

My option is to find a boy that is attractive to you not just for looks try to get them to open up about their lives. They are going to be all royals. But you can see if your father can twist from the royals and have a couple of nonroyals. Now if he lets you do that there is a possibility that he will not approve of the marriage but you can try to prove that he can be loyal and to the kingdom and also you. 

For the thing in the white bag, this is the dress that I wore when my selection was in process, it's my favorite color and hopefully to your favorites as well. This dress was my mother's and hers before that. When you find a guy that you like then your going to tell your father the one you like. There was a girl that was zestful, she was royalty. Her name was Julia and was in line for the kingdom's throne. Julia wanted to learn how to cook in case something happened to her father. If she was no longer royalty, but she had to stay positive that nothing would happen. She went to the kitchen and then found one of her friends that she has known for her whole life. That friend was named Taylor, he was her closest friend. Julia and Taylor were in the kitchen, Taylor wanted to show Julia how to cook meat and to hack the right amount off. After she learned how to cook (it took two hours), Julia was so tired she went to lay in her bed and read a book. 

TWO WEEKS LATER 

The letter said…..

For the thing in the white bag, this is the dress that I wore when my selection was in process, it's my favorite color and hopefully to your favorites as well. This dress was my mother's and hers before that. When you find a guy that you like then your going to tell your father the one you like. The next step is telling the guy you like how you feel and then asking him to marry you. If he declines then he will dismiss and then you will have to have another selection. That all for now when the time comes you will have a new letter handed to u from your father and your true friend Taylor ( her mother has the letters and then Taylor will have them if something happens to her mother).  

Love your, mother, America  

The Ball 

It has started the thing that I was afraid of, seeing all the different men standing there like they owned the world. I was so nervous about the part where they would ask me for a dance and then I would trip and fall on my face. But the dance that I was nervous about was the one with the king my father. My father wanted to make sure I could dance with him first. 

So when Julia heard the song she walked towards her father with the scarlet dress that her mother left for her. They started to dance, then Julia’s father heard something and the guards came running into the ball. Julia wasn’t that nervous because if someone was trying to come in she knew all the hiding places in the kingdom. Then all of a sudden there was chaos, Julia’s guards were running to her saying ‘’Stay behind us, we are going to put you with the men so they aren’t scared of what’s happening. Try to calm them down as fast as you can, we will come to get you and the men when everything is calmed down. 

So Julia and the men sat in silence, then one of the men came over by Julia and they started talking like they have known each other for a long time. 

The man says ‘’Hi I'm Dylan, what's your name’’ Julia says ‘’I'm Julia, nice to meet you.’’

They talk until the guards come and get them. Julia likes Dylan but thought she already met him when she was younger. So she went to ask her father about Dylan and why he seems so familiar. 

The next day……

Julia and her father start to talk about what happened the day before and who was trying to get into the palace. Her father said ‘’, Good morning sweetheart, do you need something’’. Julia ‘’Good morning father, I'm just wondering why a guy in the selection named Dylan seems so familiar.’’ Father stated ‘’ Well you and Dylan were best friends when you were younger, his family had to move back to their home kingdom. Dylan is the next one in line for his kingdom. Does that answer your questions?’’ Julia spoke ‘’ yes father it does, but I have one more question for you, is that okay.’’ Father said ‘’ sure go ahead’’ Julia ‘’ if he's in line for his throne why is he in my selection?’’ Father spoke ‘’ you will soon find out.’’ 

She figured out that the people don’t like the royal class and they want to destroy it. Julia was still wondering why she felt like she knew Dylan, she asked her father and she found out that they were best friends when they were younger. But his parents had to move away because they had to make a safe kingdom for their son to inherit. 

A few hours after Julia talked to her father, the first part of the selection has begain. Julia had the task of picking her future husband from twenty different men. She has to tell her father about the ones she likes. She also has to have dates with all the men to see if there is any connection. Dylan was up first, Julia decided to have the date out on the terrace, during the evening. So that wouldn’t happen for a while so she had to figure out what she wanted to wear.  

The next hours are so borning for Julia, she is so nervous. So the date is about to start until there is a knock at the door. Her father is at the door, he wants to make sure his daughter is ready to do this. So after they talk for a while the date is on. 

Julia ‘’Hi Dylan, are you ready?’’ 

Dylan’’ sure am let's go’’! 

Julia ‘’ Follow me, it's not that far of a walk. Julia started to walk and Dylan followed. They get to the spot and there is a blanket on the ground to look up at the stars. The blanket had a picnic basket so they could eat and hang out. After a while, it was getting dark. Dylan’’ Julia you look like an angel, the ones that are fallen. Julia ‘’ thank you, you're too sweet, what is the story of the fallen. Dylan said’’ not tonight it's late and I have to show you something.’’ Julia, ‘’ okay ill followed you.’’

So Dylan and Julia started to walk to the spot Dylan wanted to show Julia. When they get to the spot, Julia recognizes the spot from her childhood. Dylan set up his game before he knew Julia was already on the blanket, waiting for the game to start. Julia loved the game she played it with her mother before she passed away. Dylan knew about her mother that's why he learned the game when he was younger. 

At the end of the date, Dylan and Julia were tired so they called a night, But Julia asked ‘’now I get to show you something, follow me.’’ Dylan says’’ sure lead the way.’’ They started to walk to the area that Julia loved. Julia and Dylan arrived at the spot and they were like nine years all over again, Dylan missed hanging out with his best friend until he had to move away. Dylan thinks the reason why he left her was stupid but he had to see if his feeling were true. 

Dylan has feelings for her, but he couldn’t tell her. The spot is the perfect area to tell her. Before he told Julia what he felt, there were thousands of fireflies all over the field. Then there was a loud sound and it was Julia’s father coming to get her. The people that attacked the palace before are back and ready to strike. The royals need to hide, Dylan and Julia run to the secret hallway. …..

To be continued  

Julia and Dylan were running to the hallway that was the safest. Dylan has never had this problem where he was from, he usually is with the nonroyals. He would help them the best he could. Dylan and Julia have known each other for a long time but got torn apart. They were best friends when they were nine years old. Here is Dylan's story of why he left his best friend. 

Dylan's mind 
 Dylan always had time for his friend named Julia. she was the friend he could talk to and not hold anything back, could lean on her when his family had a bad time in there life. The thing is Dylan and his family are royal, but he didn't understand what the word meant because he is the type of person who can help anyone with anything. Dylan and his family went to his mother's family castle so they could inherit that throne and rule their home country. Dylan didn't want to leave his friend alone, he is older than Julia by four months, he knew what was going to happen to Julia's mother. Dylan couldn't tell Julia that her mother was ill and never getting better. Dylan and Julia were inseparable together when he left, it was hard on Julia with her mother about to leave her in the world, she lost a best friend. Why did I leave the best thing I had in my life? That's the question he asked himself a lot. 

Dylan wanted to be in selection because of how much he missed Julia. But the thing is that Julia didn't remember him at all. That broke his heart, he wrote to the king that reached out to his family about the selection. Julia's father had known how good it would be for her to see her best friend but didn't think that Julia wouldn't remember him. 

Dylan thought of this when he was with Julia, he loved her but didn't want to tell her yet because he knew his goal was to get her to remember all the memories together. "Julia, how are you doing with all this?" asked Dylan 

"I'm fine why do you ask?" questioned Julia  

'' Just wondering," asked Dylan 

The Next Day

After the night Julia and Dylan called it a night and fell asleep by each other side. Julia woke up first and she thought about him as she knew him. Julia heard a knock on the door. she thought it was the intruders trying to kill her, but she heard a voice that she regonized. It was her father coming to get them so they could go to there own room and sleep. Julia got up from the floor, she wanted her bed so bad. Her father told her that he would wake up Dylan and send him to his room. 

Julia went to her room so she could sleep more. The King woke up Dylan and said'' Hi there son, thanks for keeping my daughter company.'' ''No problem, you remember me right from when I was younger?'' questioned Dylan '' I do, but Julia doesn't but she will trust me.'' said the king

Julia woke up and saw something that was slid under her door. It said her name on the envelope, she didn't know who it was from or why they wanted to give this to her. She wanted to open it but she was scared too. Julia opened it, she was very confused about the picture she saw. It looked like her when she was a young girl, but she didn't know who the little boy was in the picture. 

Julia didn't know what to think. She wanted to ask her father about the person in the picture. so she went to ask her father in his office. Along the way, she looked at the little boy in the picture. she still couldn't remember who it was, but she felt like she knew the person.when she got to her father's office she asked '' Father, who is this little boy in this picture?''. 

Her father questioned '' where did you get this, who gave it to you?'' Julia thought her father was the one who slipped the picture under the door. When he asked who gave it to her, that answer left her mind very quickly. 

Julia said '' Father, this was under my door when I woke up this morning. I thought you were the one who put it there.'' Father '' I was not the one who put it there, but I can tell you the person in the picture with you. He is in the palace right now you just don't remember him that much because he had to leave to help his family. He was your best friend when you were young. His name is Dylan, yes before you ask he is the same Dylan in the selection that's why he is back to see if you feel the same thing he does.''.

Julia was in shock because she now remembers who he is and why she feels the connection he makes her have. Dylan has to know that she remembers him and tells him she feels the same way he does. After her father gives her permission to talk to him. she runs out of the room and straight to his room. When she sees the room she knocks, then she heard no reply she enters the room either way. Dylan was lying in his bed with some music and a book. When he sees her, he quickly turns the music down and the book is thrown on the floor. Julia goes to pick up the book. She opens the book, Julia finds out that its an album of pictures. Dylan looked just like he did in the picture that she got from someone. Julia flipped the page and there is a picture missing and then Dylan spoke '' what are you doing here?''

Julia said '' I remember who you are, I feel the same way about you that you feel about me.'' Dylan looked confused until Julia's father walked by his room. Dylan saw her father nod like he was okay with him telling her how he feels about her. Then things changed. 

THE DAY EVERYTHING CHANGES 

Dylan and Julia were in the same room as before but things were awkward. They both told each other how they feel, but Dylan didn't know how to tell Julia that he has loved her since they were 10 years old. Dylan hasn't talked to her since then. 

Julia was wondering how to stop the selection because she found the right one. She also thought about her father and what he would say when she told him that she found the right one. How would she start that conversation with her father? Dylan started to walk over to Julia and said '' How do you remember me that well.'' Julia said '' I woke up this morning and there was something slid under my door. so I Open it and then there was a picture in it. (Dylan's Mind) Dylan looked confused, he wondered if someone in the palace knows about him. I want to make sure the little boy in the picture is me. Because I don't remember when I took out that picture and slid it under Julia's door. 

Julia and Dylan were at the stage of taking to her father about the picture. They started to walk down the long hallway that was painted with gold little spirals. when they got close to Julia's father's office, Dylan asked Julia '' What are we going to ask him.   

Julia wondered the same question, '' What we going to ask my father when we get to him''. They get to the room and then they started to ask '' Do you know how someone got this picture of us when we were little'' The king " No, I don't know, how someone got the picture guys. Maybe they're telling you something!'' After the long chat, Dylan and Julia had thought about going to there a favorite spot in the whole wide world and talk about some things that made them confused. But before that, Dylan handed a letter to Julia. 

Dear Julia, 

If you are reading this I am back from my home country to win you from all the other boys. If you remember me keep reading this letter and it will explain why I need you in my life. 

Julia you and I were best friends when we were younger, but my family had to leave because my mother's father was ill and they needed me to be the next king in like for the throne. So I had to leave the best thing in my life and move away from my friend ( CRUSH). How did I get here you wondering, your father knew in his eyes that I cared for his daughter. 

Julia if you're still confused I hope this answers the question. I have been in love with you since we were younger when I moved away, I felt like my heart was going to explode for leaving you behind. 

Julia, I love you and I hope you love me, It might take time for you to love me and that's okay. 

Sincerely, Dylan 

Three years later 

Julia and Dylan were in love and thinking that they had problems they didn't. Julia's Father permitted them to marry, but one condition they have to be in line for the throne in both countries.

They had some exciting news to tell their family, they were expecting a baby and the good part is that its a boy. Julia and Dylan were going to name him prince Erick. 

They were in the palace and one day, Julia and Dylan are the king and queen to both of there home countries.