A Cozy Night | Teen Ink

A Cozy Night

By Scarlet-Raven SILVER, Amarillo, Texas
Scarlet-Raven SILVER, Amarillo, Texas

"When they told her her story was written in the stars, she went to the heavens and crushed each one with her bare hands, stars have no power over her, the night sky is her's now, and she will carve it with constellations of her own." - Never tell a goddess her fate//k.s.

The candle on their desk glowed ever so peacefully, and the fan above them hummed quietly. Adeena was laying on Brina, one hand holding her book, and the other was playing with Brina's hair. Brina's strong arms were wrapped around the brunette's waist. Adeena's was causing the purple-headed girl to drift to sleep, but Adeena didn't notice as she was immersed in the book. Brina didn't stay asleep for very long as something nudged her face, she was startled for a second, wondering why a beautiful white cat was on their bed. But she soon realized it was the effect of her girlfriend's power. There were bright stars just below their ceiling. Flowers and other animals were all around the room. Adeena's mind had drifted from her book to the two lesbian pride flags that hung on the wall next to each other. She loved those flags almost as much as Brina, but Brina was her world even if they had to fight sometimes because of what they do. While Adeena was thinking, Brina noticed the flags starting to glow as another result of Adeena's power. It was hard for the brunette to control that part of her power, especially when she was passionate about something. Coming back to reality Adeena sets her book down on the nightstand, and turns around to face Brina, which startled the taller girl when she moved. Adeena embraced her girlfriend in a hug while Brina places a kiss on the brunette's head. "You missed", Adeena says jokingly as she comes up to share a tender-loving kiss with Brina. "I love you", says the brunette.

"I love you too", the two share another kiss. Brina gets up to blow out the candle, then gets back in her previous position under Adeena and they both go to sleep, cuddling. 

Just another short story of Adeen and Brina!