Supernova Love | Teen Ink

Supernova Love

By 123peacehopedreams BRONZE, Mooresville, North Carolina
123peacehopedreams BRONZE, Mooresville, North Carolina

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." - Marilyn Monroe

She looked at him. It started to snow outside in the cold and brisk night air. Jeremy’s eyes sparkled with the promise of tomorrow. His hand moved towards hers by her waist. And when she looked up at him again he leaned in and she felt the same thing she used to feel when she was with him. The comfort, safety, and paradise that grew more familiar with him still. Whenever you’re ready a voice inside her said and she was. To be his girlfriend. She finally found her person and he was right there. He had always been right there in front of her. And as they stayed there, their noses and mouths centimeters apart from each other, they kissed. Their lips grazing in a surrender of freedom and love that consumed all her thoughts. And at this moment she felt safe for the first time in what seemed like forever.

“I-I have to go… my mom is inside,” she said breathlessly. And as she walked away from him, she walked on air. She effortlessly decided against all other choices but to forever be with him.

Everything that happened to her seemed to drift away. The kiss with William, breaking up with Jeremy, having to choose, none of it mattered anymore. To choose him was to choose love and happiness, and she knew only he could make her happy. She didn’t need a ring to tell her that. This was fate to run into him there at the ski lodge. Once she opened the door to her apartment she was flooded with a mirage of William and their time together. And then she thought about that night on the boat in Mexico with Jeremy. For the rest of the night that is all she could think about, and she would until she could see him again.

This came to me one night when I had been thinking about the experiences I have had with boyfriends and love in general.