Her Tangled Thoughts | Teen Ink

Her Tangled Thoughts

By Zainab Khan BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
Zainab Khan BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Together we live on honey and poetry, so rich on the tongue."

Staring at herself in the mirror, this time she realised it, after millions of things millions of times she had been through.

A single mind of her which only flooded with overlapping thoughts; overthinking had always been a torture to her. So she used to strive to avoid it, kept herself as busy as possible and yes it was a solution, partially, but yes. The more you are busy, the lesser time you get to think anything that destroys you from within. Still, there were times when she just couldn't. Nights were the worst and other times whenever she had no people to talk to, no work to do; she feared that she is alone with her thoughts again.

She outshone the moon, but what drove others away was the impression behind her eyes, an entire universe which seemed highly attractive but once entered you're never coming back again from the destruction and tangled paths. There had been times when her inhuman self intended to destroy those who had said, "It will be alright." And they say follow your heart, but she wondered which bit to follow when it was shattered into a million pieces; along with her dreams. But still, there was the most addictive drugs of all that she had, it was hope.

And she realised that they leave her in darkness, isolation to bear, but little did they know, she'll laugh, as darkness is the only ally she ever had with her.
—Zainab Khan

For souls devastated but still standing in a hurricane of thoughts unable to overcome it.