Secrets and Lies

By Katiej5745 GOLD, Auburn, California
Katiej5745 GOLD, Auburn, California

We all have our reasons and our secrets. We all hide something and we all cover things up. Especially, the past moments.
We hide stuff that haunts us, the stuff that if it’s spread can ruin your life. Or your title.

It’s hard to tell what is what the person is really, or if it’s their outer shell. Some pretend to smile, but inside they're really broken.
And some act like they hate, but they’re just bitter and waiting for someone to care. Some hide and lie and deprive you of the truth.
Some act as if they have no secrets and some are as transparent as a ghost but, we all have something hiding.

The secrets we hold for too long breaks us. And the lie or whatever thing you were hiding will dig deep into your soul until you can’t comeback the to top again.

And the truth pulls us back together. But, that’s not always the case. If we lied before and keep things then people can’t trust us.
Sometimes we hide our true feelings to save the feelings of others; because of stupid things you did can ruin a friendship. And instead of owning up to it and taking the blame and asking for forgiveness, you deny the truth.

Most of all, we wish we had a delete button to erase relationships, memories, and feelings. Secrets and mistakes.

And then we think is this the real me? Or is this someone else’s personality that is not mine? Sometimes we hide something that we feel or that's apart of us so we don’t feel ashamed

. Or so we don’t lose friendships. Some things might be hard to see, but they’re always there. People who we don’t expect to hide the most secrets.

And sometimes you wish that you could go back in time to where you were innocent and to tell your past self to avoid this whole mess.

Secrets may haunt you, and the most important things it will always come back to bite you.

*

*

*

*

But, people meet people for a reason and things happen for a puropse. Look up. We all have our downfalls and regrets but, life is like a rollercoster. We all have our ups and downs. But, we know that it's going to be ok in the end. 

We have all made mistakes that can lead to disasters. I have been in that boat, where you want to delete relationships and people that you've met. But sadly, you can't go back in time. But, people meet people for a reason and things happen for a purpose. Nomattter how embarressing it is. 

I wrote this article because I hope that some of you can relate to it. And I wrote this because after all the heartache and the pain there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you enjoy this article!

on Oct. 23 2017 at 7:09 pm
Blurryface_ BRONZE, Auburn, California

"I didn't get my acceptance letter from Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire to become a Jedi."

SO DEEP AAAAHHH HELP I'M DROWNIIIIIIIINNNNG HELP M- (drowns in deepness)

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!