About Andy | Teen Ink

About Andy

By camrymel BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
camrymel BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware

I wish I could’ve saved her. I wish I could’ve done something so she would still be here. Her innocence and her purity was not prepared for the life that was ahead of her. Straight A student, loved by all, and a bright future ahead of her was not enough to make her happy. Each day I watched her fade away from the bad spirits surrounding her. All the good things in her life were snatched away from her as if they meant nothing. She knew right from wrong yet her spirit was still sucked from her body. The changes she was going through were evident but she was too far corrupted to change her actions. With each needle mark on her forearm, common unconsciousness, and the smell of vodka on her lips; she transforms into a unrecognizable person. I wish I could’ve saved her. I wish i could’ve done something so she would still be here. But I’m here. Scarred and all. Starting my new life. Part of me is gone. And i really miss her. If only I just protected her. I wouldn’t have to start my life over and try to become clean of all my addictions. I could’ve saved her and i could’ve done something so she would still be here but… life doesn’t always go as planned.

This piece is about one girl who has to learn to let go of apart of herself in order to change her life.