Going Up? | Teen Ink

Going Up?

January 13, 2017
By Coreydavis BRONZE, Newtown, Pennsylvania
Coreydavis BRONZE, Newtown, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“The hell is this?” Luke Rollins said as the elevator suddenly stopped with him and Shawn Locke inside of it. “This better be quick because I’m not planning on staying in here with you for long,” Shawn said. “Try opening the door” Luke exclaimed, “Do it yourself prick,” barked Shawn “I don’t listen to people like you, especially after what you did.” “Look, Jane just wants us both to be happy, and I know you still have feelings for her.” “Yeah, well you should have thought of that when you were sleeping with her on my birthday,” Shawn said. “Look Shawn, we were drunk and it’ll never happen again, I want to respect your relationship and I don’t want this to affect her birthday today.” Shawn, looking utterly pissed off, got in Luke’s face: “I never want to see you near her again, do you understand me?” “It’s not your decision as to whether or not we can be friends Shawn, it’s hers and mine so back off,” “Just like it was your decision to sleep together in her apartment” Shawn fired back, “And why isn’t this damn elevator moving, it’s been 20 minutes and she wants us there in 10.”
After 20 more minutes of waiting, they had enough. “What happened to opening the door?” asked Shawn, “You need at least two to open it idiot,” Luke said. “Fine lets open it, I can’t stand being in here any longer.” As they tried to open it, they realized they could not do it, “Come on Shawn, pull harder!” “Shut up Luke and let me concentrate!” “Jesus, its sealed shut or something” Luke said. After 30 more minutes of waiting, Luke pulled out a protein bar from his pocket and began eating. “Hey man, give me some of that, I’m starving too,” Shawn said weakly. “No this is mine and I’m hungrier than you, I didn’t even eat breakfast this morning and if one of us is going to get out of here, it’s gonna be me,” just then Shawn lunged at Luke trying to reach for the protein bar. “Give me that damn thing!” Shawn said as he was on top of Luke trying to reach for it in his hand. Luke then pushed Shawn off him but dropped his protein bar and Shawn saw it and punched him in the face. “It’s mine you piece of filth,” Shawn yelled as he took a bite. Luke then in anger tackled Shawn into the wall of the elevator and with all of his strength; he picked Shawn up, threw him into the roof, and watched him fall down on his face. “If we are going to make it out of here alive, we need to work together,” Luke said out of breath as he gave half of the protein bar to Shawn.
After a second time trying, they opened the door, “Ok then, we don’t want to go out this way,” Luke said as he looked down into the dark abyss. “What do we do now?” “We have to climb through the door on the roof,” Luke said. “Get on my shoulders Shawn,” “How do we get out of here from there?” “I don’t know, just climb already.” As Shawn climbed on top of Luke and opened the door, he could barely see anything as he climbed out. “I should just leave him in there to die,” Shawn thought, “But he did give me half of that protein bar, crap” he thought to himself as he pulled Luke out of the elevator. “What next Indiana Jones?” Shawn asked, “We have to climb this cable right here and find the closest elevator door.” As they started climbing a few feet, Luke all of a sudden lost his grip and fell on top of the elevator. “You alright Luke?” Shawn asked, “I think my leg is broken!” Luke said in pain. Shawn, not knowing what else to do, kept climbing and looking for the door. As he found it and opened it, he yelled at Luke “Let me find a ladder!” “Alright just make it quick!” 20 minutes later, Shawn to Luke’s surprise came back with a ladder and watched him bring it down and help bring Luke up. “I was starting to think you weren’t coming back,” Luke said, “You know me too well then” Shawn replied.