Darkness Holds On

It hugs you from behind, and holds you. Is there when nobody else is. Its presence fills the empty parts of your soul. Somehow it is comforting to you. You don’t remember what life was like before it. It feels like it has always been there. Even when you don’t realize that it is it there, it is. It never goes away, but again that is a good feeling. It’s the one thing you can always count on and that will never leave. It has made its home in you. On the nights, you can’t sleep it holds you. It’s almost like having a best friend. It knows you so well, like it’s part of you. Now let this hit you. It is part of you. You can’t remember life without it because it has always been deep inside the darkest parts of your mind. It loves to come out and play. It likes to be the one to hold you, because it’s the reason you can’t sleep at night. It fills the empty parts of your soul with its darkness. It doesn’t go away. Stuck inside like you are its home. Its only your best friend because, it made you sad so your real one left you. That’s depression. It holds you because it’s the reason you are upset without a true reason. Your friends couldn’t handle so the sadness took you in and now you can sleep because you cry or have nightmares. That’s depressing it doesn’t need a reason for anything it does but I promise and it does too, it will never go away and leave you.