Ms. Linda | Teen Ink

Ms. Linda

By lvlvl BRONZE, Sacramento , California
lvlvl BRONZE, Sacramento , California

The bell has ranged. 4th period began. The first assignment flew to each desks. The room was silent but then all of a sudden, a voice crossed the room, ”Victoria, do you have a pencil?”

“I think I do. Let me check.” said Victoria.

I can hear her digging in her backpack as if a dog was digging dirt.

“Oh, here, catch.” said Victoria.

“Thanks.” Linda replied.

Few minutes passed, Lisa laughed loudly. I turned my head to the left and looked at her then Ms. Vegas. He doesn’t seemed to mind at all. Few minutes passed again, she was talking across the room to Victoria.

“Linda, stop talking and do your work.” said Ms. Vegas.

“Well, I’m just asking her a question. I don’t understand how to do this.” replied Linda.

“Read the instructions.” said Ms. Vegas.

“I still don’t understand.” replied Linda.

Ms. Vegas seemed to ignore her.

Linda continued to talk to Victoria from across.

“Linda, I’m going to have to give you detention if you don’t stop talking to Victoria. You’re bugging everybody else too.” said Ms. Vegas.

“Ok! I’m not!” exclaimed Linda.

“You are. If you’re going to talk, talk during lunch.” said Ms. Vegas.

Linda continues talking and then Ms. Vegas said, “You just got yourself a detention.”

Linda got up and said, “I’m not serving no detention.”

“Where are you going?” asked Ms. Vegas, as she saw Linda grabbed her bag.

“I’m leaving.” replied Linda.

“That’s a referral.” said Ms. Vegas.

“Okay! Go ahead! I’m not going to be in this classroom anyways!” replied Linda.

Linda mumbled her words as she walked out.

“Where are you going?” asked Victoria.

“Somewhere, I’m not funna be in this classroom with this b****.” Replied Linda

I looked at her as she walked out but turned back to look at Ms. Vegas and the students. Ms. Vegas was writing a referral, the others seemed to be as shocked as I am.

“Did she just really called Ms. Vegas a b**ch?” I thought to myself.

“Oh god…” I continued.

The door opened, I looked back. It was the hall monitor.

“Where did she went?” asked the hall monitor.

“She left a while ago. I don’t know where she went.” replied Ms. Vegas.

“Alright. I’ll go find her.” said the hall monitor.

“I’ll send down the referral during lunch.” said Ms. Vegas.

The door shut, and the class seemed to be silent again, as always. Everyone continued on their work.

Students should be respecting not all teachers but adults as well. In our school, and society we don't know how to respect one another.

DrMitchellPhD PLATINUM, Riverdale, Georgia

"The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are." - Goldie Hawn

Despite the few grammar problems/errors, your overall piece was so funny! Even though I'm pretty sure that wasn't your overall expectation or moral value you were trying to give. You should make a sequel to this, but in Linda's Point Of View. Great Job!