Terror in front of one's eyes... | Teen Ink

Terror in front of one's eyes...

October 29, 2008
By Anonymous

I watched as the rain hit the road just up ahead of me. The cold stung my face, and my tears hurt as they slid down my face, making the ache in my chest grow even worse with each breath. A faint rumble was heard in the distance. Mud soaked my white sneakers, rain making my body freeze. The faith that I once had, was washed away not more than only a few minor seconds ago. Those seconds, were the longest I will ever experienced. An eternal scar left not only for my mental state, but specifically emotionally as well. I looked up, the dark never looked as horrifying as it did now. I found myself asking the same question over and over again...

Why?

Honestly, there is no explanation for that question.

No answer...

No solution...

No possibility...

It's that one question, that just hangs in the air, leaves you in deep thought. That question is sure to haunt me for years to come.

Was it because I was at the right place at the wrong time?

Or because I'm just so much fun to scare?

Well, let me tell you, this doesn't scare me...

It terrifies me...

No one has to know. No one needs to know.

Far as I'm concerned...

I'm just a normal junior in high school...

Not a rape victim walking the streets at night because she really doesn't care anymore.

Just a normal girl...

A girl that used to have a future...

A future, that's no more...

Hard work gone to waste...

I let a final tear slip onto the muddy dirt beneath me, and I tremble...

Unwillingly remembering the events that just recently took place...


The author's comments:
This is only a fictional story. I am not a junior, however, i think this speaks for a lot of female's in america, and it really is a tradgedy.