God Is A Girl | Teen Ink

God Is A Girl

By IndigoWaltz PLATINUM, Newport Beach, California
IndigoWaltz PLATINUM, Newport Beach, California

"A witty quote proves nothing"
-Voltaire

Her name was not important, it was not, as you may think, the very foundation of her being. She was in a world built for a kind of person very different from herself. Thus, in light of this dilemma I will stick to calling her The Girl. Now, I choose such a dull name because I do not wish to go on about on something as distracting as identity. Identity is malleable, it grows and changes into what we make of ourselves and the world around us. This is what The Girl found out. She strongly supported molding one’s self into whatever they pleased.
The Girl knew that no matter where we were, no matter how much we disliked our situation, we wanted to be there. You wouldn’t be where you were if you didn’t want to be there, and she was no exception. The Girl was part of an odd bunch of kids just dying to be anything and everything other than ordinary. Did she want to be demonized? Did she want to be dead? Well, that’s just it, she wanted to be everything, and that’s what she became.
The Girl, as you may have picked up, isn’t a person at all. Her ego was unlike what you would expect from such an enigma. She was proficiently ignorant, and completely out of the ordinary. The Girl was, to put it lightly, a guide meant to lead you into utter darkness, drowning you in promises soon to be broken. She would teach you to see the world in a wild variety of ways. The Girl was influential and dooming all at once. She would show you, force your eyes to see that God is a girl