Kiss Me | Teen Ink

Kiss Me

By TikiTobi PLATINUM, Traverse City, Michigan
TikiTobi PLATINUM, Traverse City, Michigan

I got a ton of work to do. A SKELEton.
I need to put a little more BackBONE into it.
I deserve PUNishment.
Nyeh heh heh!

He sat in the seat across from me, Oliver did. We were the only ones in the front of the bus. The four of us. Us and our friends. In that moment, I forgot where we were going. We had this thing, he and I. Every morning when I'm at my 1st-hour class, I would sit on the walls of the theater, and as he walked to the choir room, we would always catch a glimpse of each other and just stare into each other's eyes for a second. If it was on another day, I would be walking to the German room for 2nd-hour, and he would be leaving his 1st-hour class, Spanish. We would do the same thing every morning, no matter where we were going. Usually, I started it but, it wasn't aways just me.
I would always cherish those mornings since we didn't make contact for the rest of the day. What really made it awkward to have conversation was when I had a crush on his best friend. We were friends, and before the end of the year, I decided to tell him my feelings. I needed to do it before he left, but I didn't get the chance. I remembered that my best friend was in the same resource as him, so I told her to do it for me. That was one mistake I did. I didn't even know what she told him, but after school was out, she told me exactly what I didn't want to hear. He freaked out, and that was the end of it. I was rejected. 3 months after that happened, I fell in love with the blue-eyed boy. He was tall, smart, athletic, popular, and kind. Wow was all I could say.
Now back with the current event. We were on the bus. I was catching a quick glance at him to see if he was looking at me, and he was. After we looked at each other which seemed to me like an eternity, he spoke. Now, usually, if he were to say something to me, it would be something short. We would team up on my best friend in science class and throw all these jokes at her, or lightly "Insult" (Tease) her. But I soon realized, he never insulted me. Never said anything bad about me. He even tried to sneak up on me, throwing both of his hands on my shoulders, yelling "GET DUNKED ON!", but he would apologize for "Scaring me". In conclusion, we didn't really know each other much, so we were always kind to each other.
Ok, back to the current event. He said something, but I was too busy being in shock. I might have been dreaming, but he said these two words;
"Kiss me."
This was my reaction;
OMGOMGOMGOMG OMG DID HE REALLY JUST SAY THAT WOWOWOWOW OMG I GOTTA TELL EVERYONE WOWOWOWOW!!!
But of course, I'm a calm type of person ;)
After processing all of this, I started to laugh.
By laugh, I mean laughing harder and harder until my face hurt. I felt kind of bad, but that was all I could do. I laughed from my happiness. Soon after that, he began to laugh, and then all four of us were holding onto our sides.
I never did respond back to him, but I'm glad that nothing bad happened from the "Event".
And that, was how I met your father.

End on fleek XD (This is based off of a true thing that happened to the writer of this piece) (Also known as Me)