To find happiness | Teen Ink

To find happiness

By Orchid7 PLATINUM, Plano, Texas
Orchid7 PLATINUM, Plano, Texas

if you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will award you with a new hello!

As soon as she saw me, she immediately looked the other direction. I tried to catch her eye, but she purposefully avoided it,and began to slowly walk away. Not only from me, but from my happiness.

I had never been this frustrated or agonized in my entire life. A million thoughts flooded through my head, "Did I do something again?" "Why is she ignoring me?" "Should I ask her if there is something wrong" "Would she get annoyed if I do ask?"

To me, it felt as if a part of my soul was drifting away from me, and I was struggling to grab it,but everytime I came close, it slipped away once more. That is the magnitude of sorrow a friend can cause you. Because Disha was not only my friend,she was my best friend

I met her during the first month of school. Neither of us really were more than just two strangers with a few friends in common. In all honesty, neither of us know how we became friends. It all really was just a matter of chance. 

All I remember is having this really entertaining conversation at luch with her,and things spiraled from there. She gave me her number and I gave her mine. A few months later, she called me one her closest friends. I felt the same way.

Things were slowly becoming alright again.

A year passed by, and I started to share my deepest secrets with Disha, and she shared hers with me. We cried together,laughed together,had fun together. I couldn't even fathom that anything negative could happen between us. But they did. We had a fwe arguments and butted heads once in a while, but it wasok because we were friends. Over a year and half. Disha and I made new friends but never let our friendship slip in anyway. However,I had a vibe that something wasn't' right.

We ended in a situation where I don't even seem to know her. She soon started completely ignoring me at lunch and everywhere else. I tried to bring things back to where they were,but I failed. She had other friends now. To her, it wasa s if she lost one friend. To me, it felt as if all my friends ganged up against me and threw me out of their circle.

Nothing changed.

Life went on, and I managed to move on. Not because I mae other friends, but because of the fact that I managed to convince myself that when the time was right, the two strangers would evolve into friends yet again. A year later, I was in the library when an arm touched my shoulder.

I spun around to see a young girl with thick glasses smiling at me. "Hey! It's been awhile,"

I stared into the eyes of my childhood friend from ten years ago. She was definetly not Disha, but heart leaped with joy nevertheless. Happiness took me into its arms again.