Anger | Teen Ink

Anger

By mandywrites GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
mandywrites GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"Why breathe when you can just die?" -My best friend

Do you know what it feels like to be so f***ing angry? Like, you are literally so angry right now that you feel like you are bursting at the seams? As in, if I was any angrier right now, I think I would implode? And you don’t even have to have one set reason for it. In fact, most times when this happens, it happens over multiple little things that add up all together to make one really big thing that seems ridiculous to everyone else, except to you. Like, maybe your friends have been acting a little distant or rude lately, and you got into a disagreement with your parents, and you feel so damn restricted with the little freedom you currently have, and then you stub your f***ing toe on the table leg, and not just any toe, but the smallest toe on the end that always hurts the most. And then everything you’ve been holding in lately just comes spilling out, and you scream every curse word you know at the top of your lungs, and you just feel so angry. And you just want to punch something really hard, cause destruction in every way possible to whatever and whomever made you feel this way, but you also know you can’t without having to deal with the consequences, but at the moment you just don’t care. And it’s like this feeling, where you’re wide awake, like you just drank five shots of expresso and then ran around the block a couple of times. The worst is when this happens at night, because then you go to bed and you can’t fall asleep and that just makes you even more angry. And when you’re mad like this, it feels like you can do anything. You can run away without ever getting caught, you can start a fight with someone, and leave unharmed. And you probably could, because of the adrenaline that accompanies fury. And at the time, you really just want to confront everyone who has ever pissed you off and give them a big “F*** you.” You can walk for hours feeling this way and still not come down off the high. It makes it hard to focus, but that doesn’t stop you from ripping up everything you see in sight, and then hiding the scraps that remain. And it’s insane how mad you are right now, but you just can’t help it. And you can feel your heart beating in your chest, and there’s this feeling in your stomach that nobody can explain, and you’re speaking in run-on sentences because you just can’t seem to stop speakingbecauseyouaresuddenlysohyperandyoujustcan’tstop. But eventually, you do stop. And when you finish, when you hop off the crazy train, when you finally calm down, you feel scared. Scared that it’s possible to feel as infuriated as you just felt. And you also feel confused. Why was I so angry? It feels like you have amnesia. You can’t remember why you got so excited or what even happened. Then the exhaustion hits you, and it feels like you can sleep for days. You are so emotionally and physically drained that you don’t even remember being angry. But you still feel that hot flame that caused all of this, only lighter and much less. But now you can finally sleep and tomorrow you can deal with the flare-up of anger that is sure to occur.

I feel like we can all relate to this one.