The Christmas Swan | Teen Ink

The Christmas Swan

By KMante PLATINUM, Leicester, Massachusetts
KMante PLATINUM, Leicester, Massachusetts

Maybe its not about the happy ending, maybe its about the story.

I don't want to be just another dancer, I want to be the best, the best ever seen, but will my dance do it? By any means it certainly will, I am changing the tide and not only representing women in the best way I can, but I'm also doing this for my family. Through my dance I make them happy, I fill the with joy, I make them proud and even bring tears to their eyes. When I dance, I feel safe, I feel free, like another shooting star dancing  across the sky, flying here and going there, bringing people another chance to make wish, a wish for a better tomorrow, as they tear up, being inspired and motivational moved as they watch the bright star dance closer and closer to the surface of their hearts and imagination.

My dance has now taken me, once again to another illustrious recital, the city's great Christmas Morning Swans at the top class Radio City Music Hall! I have just three days until this year's Christmas recital, so time is not of service but I know determination hard work and long practice brings exuberant success, so I do nothing more than dance and improved day by day. Madame Josette once told me “Jeune enfant there's always room for amélioration” And today I live off those words, she's passed away just a month ago she had been my dance instructor since I was five years old and today I dance for her as well and dedicate this dance to her.

Out of the studio it sometimes even gets harder, why? Without dance I'm just another girl, a New Yorker. . Another city girl wishing to be loved, cuddle, talked to and cared for, in this frigid winter of ours. But no, I'm practicing and practicing hours on end, and my love is for no boy Oh no..my love is for dance. So when I go to the studio, I open the curtain and observe the landscape as the rays of sunlight skip across the horizon, I see the quiet streets and empty roads and I smile. The world is on pause, just for dance and I, and I get to work once again  feeling safe, free, like another shooting star dancing across the sky, dancing  for Madame and dancing for I.