~she~ | Teen Ink

~she~

By Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas
Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas

"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you have set in place-- what mortals that you should think of us. Mere humans that you should care for us.
---Psalms 8:3-4

She cries out, feeling nothing-- hearing nothing. Just emptiness; a black hole of nothing. The pain, once numb, is now sharp and piercing. The hurt, like a stab in the back. She looks out with glazed eyes, not really understanding.
Things were fine. They had been fine. But now... She'd lost everyone of importance. Her world was cold and empty. She still tried, but her efforts seemed wasted. She still wished, though all hope seemed lost. She pursued, but was chasing nothing. Her once strong heart was shattered.
But still, she smiled. She put on her mask of happiness and refused to show her pain. She prayed in silence and solitude, hoping things would be mended. But so far... Nothing. Just silence. She won't give up; she'll keep trying no matter what anyone else says. She will stand strong- stand tall- and believe in herself when no one else will.
She's tired of feeling worthless and underestimated. She's tired of feeling like she'll never be good enough. Tired of being shut down and treated like an ignorant child. She's strong, smart, and bold-- and she will make that known.