Bright Skies | Teen Ink

Bright Skies

July 25, 2015
By InspireThoseAroundYou BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
InspireThoseAroundYou BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
4 articles 4 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
A conversation between Life and Death...
"Why does everybody Love me but Hate you?"
"Because you are a Beautiful Lie and I am the Painful Truth..."


A little girl the age of around 10/ 11 sits in an illuminated field. The field of tall, dull grass surrounds her small frame, trembling with fear and sadness. A stray tear falls from her flushed face from the heat she feels staring upon the bright orange grass. Small, hot embers fall from the sky and descend like white snow onto the endless horizon.
She had been keeping her breath held, not even acknowledging that she had been holding it in the first place. Taking notice in the event that had led to this disaster. The little girl fell to her knees letting out her whimpers and wails into the night sky. The scene is heartbreaking, and upsetting. She desperately reaches her small hand out to no one, hoping that someone would reach back. Hoping so badly for the nightmare to end. This little 10 year old sits there in shock and depression watching the flame burn and take on the dark purple, and red sky head on.
The orange glow of falling embers, clash in the most beautiful way she’s ever seen. They fall gracefully in front of her kneeled form and on top of her head laid ashes decorating the brown, ginger locks she has. Her eyes are lost of their normal bright hazel color and now dull and lifeless. She was all alone in this world, she needed to move from her spot. The flames inched closer and closer. The sirens in the distance are now a buzzing hum. Accepting of this unfair fate she lays down on her tiny patch. Crossing her arms over her chest, one leg over another the girl sheds tears on both her eyes. With a sad smile and a short chuckle the girl let the warm flames consume her in a dance of beautiful colors. “Good Bye world~” she says with a short breath. “Hello, Elizabeth” a familiar fireman speaks back as he carries her from her misery.


The author's comments:

I'm not so sure with this piece but let's see how well it is.