There's a Boy I Know | Teen Ink

There's a Boy I Know

June 21, 2015
By LoyalTrencher BRONZE, Southbridge, Massachusetts
LoyalTrencher BRONZE, Southbridge, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken"


There's a boy I know named Aaron. He goes to my school, and is a year younger than me. He's a typical kind of guy; he wears backwards caps, basketball sneakers, and plaid shirts. He's a nice enough kid, but always gets made fun of. Why? Because he's transgender.


There's a boy I know who was born in the body of a female. He's the first transgender person that I've ever met, and he's amazing. He's funny, interesting, and kind.


There's a boy I know who gets made fun of at school for being the way he is. Several times, on the sign out sheets at school, people will cross out "Aaron" and write "Sarah". They also write "Sarah is gay" next to his name. They look at it wrongly; Sarah isn't gay, and Aaron is straight. He was just born in the wrong body.


There's a boy I know who, despite the struggles and hardships he has to go through on a regular basis, he still keeps smiling. He still socializes with everyone. He's in the chorus, and isn't afraid to wear a shirt and tie during formal performances when most people think he should be wearing a dress. He isn't afraid to be himself.


There's a boy I know, an amazing boy, who could really teach people a lesson about how to perceive others. He never holds a grudge, and still knows how to have fun. He's like any other boy you could possibly meet, just in the wrong body.


The author's comments:

This is based off of a boy at my school.