Goodbye. | Teen Ink

Goodbye.

May 22, 2015
By Anna2274 GOLD, Effingham, Illinois
Anna2274 GOLD, Effingham, Illinois
15 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember; you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." -Harriet Tubman.


Do you know that call that you always worry about getting, but think you won't get? Maybe it's your kid died, your mother died, father, etcetera. Maybe your little brother got kidnapped. Or maybe even as simple as your dog died. But, what would you do if you got that call? I think we all have had visions of what we would do, or what would happen. A simple phone call, ruining your life, and you didn't even know. Life is so simple, so fragile. You could give it all up in a heartbeat. Here's a little scenario.

 

Imagine getting ready to go to work and you recognize that your child is still in bed, instead of at school and they're phone is blowing up with notifications. So, being the curious person you are, you grab their phone and see messages such as "PLEASE DON'T DO IT" and many missed calls. You look over at your child and shake them, but they're lifeless. Picking them up, you see all of the pill bottles and the blades and the blood. You cry and scream as you fall onto the floor, feeling your heart shatter and drop to your stomach. You had noticed they weren't eating correctly and that they didn't go out as much or laugh and smile, but you would have never suspected this. You're broken. You call all of their friends and they break. They didn't want that call. The call. You barely keep yourself together at their funeral, having to take so many deep breaths. You have to say goodbye and it is so very painful, but you struggle through it. You walk up to the casket, placing your hand with theirs, kissing their forehead for the last time, and you say it. "Goodbye, baby." You break down and shake your head.

Months pass, you haven't dared to go into their old room. As you finally build up enough courage, you walk in and see everything flash before your eyes. You're baby died and you couldn't stop it.


The author's comments:

Oh my god what did I just write... wow.