The Power of L.A. | Teen Ink

The Power of L.A.

May 24, 2015
By tarandeep BRONZE, Lucknow, Other
tarandeep BRONZE, Lucknow, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The woods are lovely dark and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep"


Tanisha could not describe her felicity with words when she came to know that she had got admission in St.Peters-the best and the oldest convent school in the city.On seeing her exultation Miss Brian warned her,"Tanisha, we know you are a very bright student but do remember that now you are a part of a convent."In her state of euphoria,Tanisha did not realise the seriousness of her Headmistress statement.Though Tanisha did not realise what her Headmistress hinted at,her parents understood.They knew Tanisha in and out.They were aware of her potential;they knew their daughter was very bright in studiesand co-curricular activities but they were afraid of the fact that whether their only child,Tanisha would be able to mix up with girls in this new school or not.Since kindergarten upto high school Tanisha had studied in a public school.A school where she was pampered by her teachers and a school where had a lot of friends.Unfortunately,due to her father's transferable job they had tp move to another city ans so Tanisha had to leave her old good school.


Due to her bright academic and extra co-curricular activity record Tanisha got admission in St. Peter'sat that point of time when almost all the admissions were closed.Tanisha's Principal sister Benedicta saw a spark in her and there was somrthing special about her which forced her to take Tanisha.At the next day of her admission there was a fresher's party for all class 11th students given by class 12th students.Tanisha was very exicited to be a part of it.co-incidently Tanisha's first day in school and the fresher's were falling on the same day.Dressed in simple clothes Tanisha entered the hall where all the students were supposed to gather.At first,Tanisha could not believe her eyes.There was a great pomp and show in the room.Everyone was dressed in their best attire and everyone was wearing costly branded clothes.Tanisha felt out of place.For a moment she felt like a fish out of the pond in the hall but the very next moment she mustered the courage to go and meet her classmates.She expected them to ignore heras she was dressed in simple attire and belonged to a middle class family and almost everyone over there was dressed highly.But to her utter surprise,her clessmates treated her well.They welcomed her and began talking to her.Even her teacher's welcomed her.All this gave Tanisha a lot of pleasure and she thought that the last two years of her school life would go very nicely.


The next day when Tanisha went to school she expected the girls to talk to her.She thought that they would come to her and talk but this did not happen.Since Tanisha was a very bright student she thought that others will approach her but she was very wrong.Due to this thinking of Tanisha the girls began to think that was a very egoistic person.On the other hand,Tanisha started developing a hatred for her school.
Teenage is a very sensitive period in one's life.There are a number of complications which one faces during teenage.We literally have to battle with our emotions to come out with victory and "ego" is something which can really ruin our lives.
Tanisha could be compared to a coconut;hard from outside but soft from inside.Though her clessmates thought her to be egoistic;she wasnt.It was just that she couldn't approach them.Tanisha's parents could also not understand the situation.They blamed Tanisha for not being able to mix up with her friends.An air of despondency surrounded Tanisha.She had a feeling of utter abandonment and loneliness.Due to the mental conflict a perspicacious child such as Tanisha;started getting average marks.Tanisha had no friend to whom she could pour her heart out,she had lost the support of her family and now she had stopped getting the marks she used to get in her previous school.All these harsh realities were like a bitter pill to swallow.Many a times she used to bite back her tears as she knew there was no one to wipe them.


All this continued for quite a few months until Tanisha found a book to study.That book taught her enough;enough to improve her life.Tanisha started hunting for ways which would make her happy.The very next day when Tanisha went to school she had a "L.A" badge on her school dress.The incharge askrd her to remove it but she instantly showed her the application on which the Principal had signed and according to which she was allowed to wear that badge.Everyone wondered what "L.A" stood for."Drfinitely it won't be Los Angelos",one of the girls said smiling.Children began talking about it and even made fun of Tanisha but she kept calm.


One day as usual Tanisha was having her lunch aloneduring the recess when a young girl came running to her."Excuse me sister,do you know Maria of class 11 B?",she asked Tanisha.As far as my knowledge goes there is no girl by the name of Maria in the entire class 11.Tanisha became inquisitive to know why that young girl wanted to know about Maria."If you you don't mind can you tell me why you are in search of Maria?",asked Tanisha."Actually a girl took money from me and told that she will return it to me in five minutes.She said that she is Maria of 11-B.""So hadn't Maria returned you the money?",asked Tanisha."No,not yet and now its almost twenty minutes and the recess is even going to get over."Tanisha felt pity for that innocent girl.She askes her name.She told that her name was Natasha and she was in class seventh.She told that she was new in the school and till now she couldn't make any friend.Tanisha asked her the amount which Maria took from her.She told it was fifteen rupees.Tanisha immediately offered her that amount but Natasha refused to take.Tanisha said with tears in her eyes,"Natasha,if you consider me as your elder sister please take this meagre amount."For the first time ever Tanisha had tears in her eyes in the school.She had found a young girl who was passing through the same trauma as her.Tanisha and Natasha became the best of friends.Both used to enjoy each other's company like anything.Earlier Tanisha was fed up with with life but now things were gradually improving.One thing which Tanisha never lrft was praying God.Despite all the sufferings,all the ups and downs in life she always rememberd God and had full faith in Him that one day everything will be alright.


Days passed by and finally it was the day for Natasha's birthday.Natasha belonged to a very rich background.Tanisha wanted to give her best friend something which she would always remember,something which was priceless.Many a times Natasha had asked Tanisha regarding her "L.A" badge but Tanisha had remained mum.All that she she used to say to Natasha was ,"Dear wait for your birthday and you will also acquire one."Today was finally Natasha's birthday.The day when the secret behind that "L.A" badge would be exposed to her.After the school Tanisha took Natasha to L.A.There was a huge place by the name of "Little Angles"where Natasha found herself.She found herself amidst mentally challenged kids.From the bottom of her heart she felt sad for those children.She was about to cry but just then Tanisha said "Dear don't cry.These toddlers need our love and affection."For Natasha coming o such a place with her best friend was the best birthday gift ever.After doing certain formalities she even became a member of that organization and got a "L.A' badge.


After a few days Tanisha fell seriously ill.She suffered from acute typhoid.Natasha could not help her much but she did everything possible she could do to help her best friend.She knew the girl who used to hate Tanisha.She went to her and told her that Tanisha's condition was critical.She told her about all rhe good deeds done by Tanisha.Soon this news was spread like wild fire in the class.Everyone felt sorry for Tanisha and the girl whom Natasha had approached-Maya asked everyone to visit Tanisha."I think we should visit Tanisha tomorrow.We had painted a black picture of her but see how good she is".Everyone agreed and the next day everyone visited Tanisha in the hospital.She was taken abackwhen she got the news that all her classmates were there in her hour of sorrow.She did not know how to react.The doctor advised only a few girls to meet Tanisha.Maya came running and hugged Tanisha.With tears in her eyes she said"I am sorry.I know i cannot be pardoned but then too i am sorry."Tanisha smiled and said,"It's ok dear."


From that day onwards all misunderstandings between Tanisha and her classmates were cleared and Tanisha led a life which most of the teenagers dream of!A life with good grades,school,classmates and a best friend.


The author's comments:

I wrote this article to show complications in teenagers life and how they   can solve their problems if they have faith in themselves and God.