The Love of Sports and Friendship! | Teen Ink

The Love of Sports and Friendship!

May 19, 2015
By OliviaJohnson BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
OliviaJohnson BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

On the day of August 18th, Kylie woke up at six o'clock and texted Anna and Maddie saying "Happy first day of prison."
Maddie replied right away saying, "Nooooo!” Kylie wanted to have a longer summer and just spend her whole days with her best friends.
Then Anna replied, "Oh great, school.”
At 7:20, all three girls pulled up to school and got out of their cars. They walked together on the middle school deck. They were all worried about the first day of seventh grade. They were glad to all be together again though. It was just fall time and they were already excited for track season to come in the spring. Maddie was in two of Kylie's classes and two of Anna's classes and they were all in one class together. Kylie was doing cheer in the fall season; Anna and Maddie were both taking P.E. They all hung out at school and outside of school. Their favorite thing to do outside of school was hang out at each other's houses. At their houses they would go on the trampoline, and watch T.V. together. Sometimes on Fridays after school they would all go to Kylie's house. At P.E., Maddie and Anna are playing football. Anna is doing soccer in the winter and Maddie and Kylie are doing P.E. They all cannot wait for track season to come because then they will all be together.
The girls sometimes went to different places together and had fun. One Friday, they all went to Kylie’s house. They went on her trampoline and did tricks and flips. They all loved going on the trampoline and having fun together. Sometimes they would run around Kylie’s neighborhood. They loved to play outside and just walk round the neighborhood. They would have so much fun together. The girls would laugh and play. The three girls played games outside like frisbee, four square and tag. Maddie, Anna and Kylie loved playing fun games outside.
After they had fun together, their moms would come and talk to each other. Then soon it would be time for the fun to end.  When the fun ended they would go home and have fun with their family. Their families would discuss their day. One thing Anna would do with her family was play with her pets. Anna had 20 animals, all very fun and playful. Maddie’s favorite thing to do with her family was go on vacation.
One week later, Kylie invited Anna and Maddie to her house. Kylie texted them asking, “Do you want to come to my house?” Anna and Maddie were with each other at Maddie’s house. Kylie didn’t know they were together. Anna and Maddie didn’t know what to say because they didn’t want to hurt Kylie’s feelings. Kylie was waiting patiently for Maddie and Anna to respond. Maddie and Anna didn’t want to hurt Kylie’s feelings because they are all friends. Then Maddie and Anna looked at each other unsure if they should respond. Anna and Maddie said, “We shouldn’t lie and we shouldn’t just not respond.” so they told the truth, of course! They could never lie to their best friend. They loved Kylie like a sister and never wanted to hurt her. Sometimes girls let their emotions out more than guys and that’s how people will start to feel. When other kids find out that their friends do other things without them, they tend to get jealous. Especially when a group of kids are really close and they leave one person out, they start to be upset and feel rejected. This lesson taught Anna and Maddie to all stay friends even longer. They will always tell the truth to each other. No matter what is happening, the girls will always and forever be best friends. They can’t wait for the next time to see each other! Especially when they get to have fun on the trampoline. Kylie loves doing backhandsprings and back tucks. They also play popcorn where two of the girls sit down while one is jumping.
Anna, Maddie and Kylie all started track on February 1, 2015. They all run together so they had to run around the football field twice. Anna said to them, “I’m already exhausted.” Then Maddie and Kylie replied, “Me too!” They liked track, but it was so tiring. Especially all the drills they do and how much running is involved. Sometimes Maddie and Kylie would go home together since they don’t live too far away (about 15 minutes). They loved going home together and would sometimes get Slurpees together too! Maddie loved to run and so did Kylie and Anna. At lunch they would sometimes talk about track and how tiring and fun it is. Every day they would sit together at lunch. They talked about their funniest stories and the most stressful moments. they loved hanging out and sitting at lunch together. They couldn’t wait for the next time they were going to hang out together.


The author's comments:

I cherish my friendships and tried to express that here.