I'll never forget | Teen Ink

I'll never forget

March 24, 2015
By MrsCapela BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
MrsCapela BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.


*Knock Knock Knock*
Three knocks I will never forget.

                                      “Ma’am, I’m so sorry…”
                                                         Six little letters I’ll never forget.

“Push honey, you’re doing great.” He could see I was getting very frustrated. I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way, a loving and caring husband who has been golden through our whole pregnancy. Although I wasn’t really getting frustrated all I could keep yelling was, “STOP TALKING DANIEL!” I didn’t mean it at all, it just seemed to leak from my mouth like a broken water pipe. He didn’t even flinch, still coaching me the whole way.                                            “Almost there baby, just keep pushing!” I was so nervous at this point, and I was getting sick, I was in so much pain, and I just wanted all of it to be gone. Then I heard it, the most precious sound a mother could ever hear. My baby, my healthy baby boy’s first cry. In that first couple of moments, it was pure bliss. I laid back and I wasn’t in pain, my family is safe, my husband is amazing, and all I could think was I am the luckiest woman in the world. I truly have a perfect life. I drifted off to paradise. They placed my baby into my arms, and Daniel and I stared at him. Let’s name him Alexander, the name was perfect, he was beautiful, he was mine. I was in the hospital for two days, it seemed like two years. My bed was on my mind, and how much more comfy it was compared to these hard, cold, uncomfortable hospital beds. We got home a little late that night, and before I could even catch my breath, Daniel was passed out on the couch with our little Alex in his arms. I know he was exhausted, he hadn’t slept in days. I didn’t want to wake him; he looked so cozy, and completely adorable. I took Alex and laid in the crib in his nursery and turned the baby monitor on and brought the other one downstairs and placed it on my kitchen counter. All I could think about now is the hunger that was coming on me, and it was fast approaching. I know Daniel was starving; he never lets me forget to know that he can eat and never gain a pound, which means, he is always hungry. Before I could even think about eating, I saw the perfect opportunity to take a shower. I grabbed the baby monitor and went upstairs to the bathroom, turned on the shower with hot water, it was already starting to steam up the whole room, and it was just how I liked it. I got in the shower and looked down at my stomach, where my baby bump use to be. It was all stretch marks and saggy, but it was so worth it now. I have the most beautiful baby boy, Alexander. I turned off the shower and stepped out, grabbed my towel and robe. I bent over and wrapped my hair up in the towel, and put my robe on. I stepped out and put my slippers on my feet. I grabbed the baby monitor and headed to the kitchen. As I approached the stairs I caught a glimpse of the nursery room door. I had to go in there; I could see it was going to become a habit of mine, but never a bad one. He was sleeping, and so peacefully too. He was wearing a little blue onesie my mother-in-law bought him. I didn’t like it, but I would never say that out loud. I headed back downstairs and went to the kitchen. Daniel came home to shower, and left dishes in the sink, of course. I never complain about that because that lets me know that he does need me to clean. He always tells me he is a big boy and can pick up after himself; he doesn’t like me doing anything at all. I let him think he isn’t a giant man baby, but honestly he is and that’s okay with me. I started to wash the dishes and in case you didn’t know, I am really clumsy. Accident prone as Daniel would say. I went to put the pan in the drainer and I dropped it. *BAM*, the loudest sound possible right now. Daniel came running in the kitchen.
“Are you okay?” I looked at him and started laughing. He knew I was okay.  “Where is the baby?” He asked with a smile on that handsome face. I got lost in his big brown eyes, admiring his perfect complexion, and focusing on that incredible smile he has. It really is a great smile. He doesn’t even have to try to be absolutely perfect, to make my whole world spin.                                                           “He is upstairs sleeping.”  Just as the last word jumped from my mouth the baby monitor lit up, and crying echoed the kitchen. I went upstairs and picked Alex up and rocked him. He was hungry too, which made me remember my hunger. I told Daniel over the monitor to fix him a bottle and bring it upstairs to me. A few moments passed by and I could hear Daniel’s footsteps coming up the stairs. I asked him if he was hungry and he said of course. Then he looked at me and asked me if I wanted him to go pick something up.
I smiled.                                                                                                                                                     “Okay honey.”  He said as he shook his head with a smile. Me and Alex walked him to the door and I gave him a kiss. He kissed Alex’s head, and walked out of the door and got into the car. I carried Alex back upstairs and rocked him, I finally got him asleep so I placed him back in the crib and then went downstairs and grabbed a good book and laid down on the couch to wait for Daniel. I must have feel asleep because I woke up and it was 11:40. I had slept for three hours.
Daniel still wasn’t home.
There was a knock at the door.
                                   *Knock Knock Knock* 
I ran as fast as someone who just pushed out a kid could, and that seemed to take forever. I could see the door, yet it was still so far away. 

-To be continued


The author's comments:

Should I continue?