Weird but Happy? | Teen Ink

Weird but Happy?

By HeidiElizabeth BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
HeidiElizabeth BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

"Hey, do you see that girl?"

"Who her?"

"Yes, her"

"Oh yea, I know her, I think her name is Stella or something. She's always wearing black and moping around"

"Haha she's so weird"

Help! Help!

Its what my eyes scream out, but i dont make a sound not even the tiniest little peep. People call me weird, a freak, ugly, scary, but the most hurtful one of them all is emo. I didn't choose to be this way did I? No one know's what goe's through my head everyday, what i think, what i hear, what i know. Everyone goe's out of their way to avoid me. I sit alone at lunch weeping in the back hallway, where no one goes. I hate being different! Im excluded from everything, group project's, sport's, everything. It's like they are afraid of me. Why? Im nothing but a hopeless girl, wanting a friend to be there for me when I need them the most.

When I close my eyes, I enter the depth's of mind. I'm so messed up in my thought's, I alway's hear the same thing. Go on do it, no one will miss you, its not like anyone need's you now, your rejected and neglected. Do it! Do it! Do it! But still through the sanity of it all i still bring myself to enjoy the life i have. I may not express it much because im weird, and a loner. I still find the courage to roll out of bed and try to put a smile on my face. Yes, school is a living nightmare, but just knowing i can come home and crawl under the blankets to sleep away the pain and fear of today is overwhelming. I've been trying to become happier and make friend's but still being rejected, like normal.

"Hey, there's that girl, Stella"

"Yeah, she look's, good"

"I heard she's trying to make friends and become happy"

"Thats great! I think I'll be her friend"

"Yeah, me to, let's go talk to her"