Because of You | Teen Ink

Because of You

By GirlWhoWrites PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado
GirlWhoWrites PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado

Nothing. That's what I have going for me. That's what is going well for me. Everyday I barely scrape by. I'm hanging off the edge of a cliff and any minute now I will fall. I don't have the strength to do this any more. I've exhausted all my strength dealing with you and moving on . Now every day is a war. Every task is a battle. I keep losing more and more battles and soon I fear the war will be lost. I need someone to be my allie , someone to fight the battles of everyday along side me. Someone to make the battles worth fighting. I need to use someone else's strength because you took all of mine. I need to recharge. I am a battery that needs to be recharged. Because of you I am an iPhone that is dead before noon. I used to be full of energy, full of life. But then I came to be with you and every day the life was sucked out of me more and more. You were the phone and I was the battery. Every day I died earlier and earlier until eventually I would die as soon as soon as I saw you. Eventually I just stayed dead. I was forever turned off. You pushed the of button so hard that it got jammed and I could never be turned back on. I went back home, still turned off , still dead. It took many people recharging me and fixing my off button until eventually one day I turned on for a minute. Then the next day I came to life for a fraction longer. It took a long time, what felt like an eternity, but eventually I turned on for a second . The next day I stayed on for a minute. Day by day and minute by minute I was alive longer and longer until I stayed on the whole day. Eventually I didn't need someone to recharge me anymore. I was back to myself, back to being normal. I went back to visit you. I was determined to not let you drain the life out of me, determined to not let you turn me off, determined to remain full of life and to not go dead . But in spite of my determination you did the same thing.

on Apr. 8 2015 at 4:56 pm
Thank you. This is loosely based of off stuff that happened a while,ago and I am better. WWriting this and some,of,my,other pieces really helped me get past it and move on. Somehow putting the feelings on paper making them real helped me get past that stuff. Writing for me is like free therapy.

on Apr. 7 2015 at 9:41 pm
Justagirlthatwrites GOLD, Brunswick, Missouri

"If you are going to bury the past, bury it deep. Shallow graves always give the dead"

- These Shallow Graves (book)

I can relate, I do not know the cause for your " death" but, mine was because of a ex. He was so controlling, but yet I loved him. When we broke up, it took me awhile to get over him, Heck, Im still not. but its getting better. I hope that your getting better too.