Plans | Teen Ink

Plans

By KarlieDanielle BRONZE, Manila, Arkansas
KarlieDanielle BRONZE, Manila, Arkansas

Christy! You coming?” I yelled to my best friend as she still clinging to her boyfriend begging me to stay at the party just a little bit longer. I knew if her mom found out she was drunk she would kill the both of us. We had been best friend since 1st grade but when 10th grade hit she got a little crazy. I took the car keys from her hand “why did you do that?” as she was trying to find her sun glasses on top of her head. “You are not diving!” I said in a grown up voice. I never liked to act like a parent with her but I sure wasn’t going to let her drive home. I took her to the passenger seat and helped her in as she told me how awesome I was and I always have been there for her. Tammy was always a locked vault in less you put a glass of wine in her. Her parents had high expectations for her and sometimes she just need to let loose and let it all go that probably the only reason I let her do the things she does. As we pulled out of the drive way you could still hear the music from the party. “I’m not going to collage!” I looked over and saw tears running down her face. “Don’t be silly ever collage in America wants you.” It was true she had amazing grades and she was the best volleyball and tennis player in are school. She looked at me blood with shot eyes “they saw pictures of me partying” tears started streaming down her face again. Her mom tells her not to post pictures when she was at parties a bet a million times. “That doesn’t mean they won’t let you in.” I said with confidence. “I mean that’s why people like collage so much is so you can party without your mom knowing.” I laughed. I could tell I wasn’t helping her by talking about her mom.  She grabbed a bottle of vodka out her bag. “You know that’s not going to help you!” I said trying to get the bottle out of her hands. “Leave me alone!” she said screaming determined to make me let go of the bottle. I looked up and saw bright head lights. There was a ringing in my ears as I tried to open my eyes. I opened them to see a figure of a man. “We are going to get you out mama.” I could tell by the uniform he was a fire fighter. As I realized what had just happen I looked over Tammy was not there. I looked up I saw broken glass ever where. There was a body figure on the hood of the car and I started balling. It was Tammy she did not wear her seat belt. “Someone save her!” no one answered me as the fire fighter pulled me out of the car and on to the stretcher. “Mama you need to relax everything is going to be okay.” I looked to my side and saw Tammy’s mother crying. I could not keep my eyes open as the fire fighters face faded away as I shut my eyes I knew right then Tammy was died.