Can't Forgive | Teen Ink

Can't Forgive

By GirlWhoWrites PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado
GirlWhoWrites PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado

You've attacked me. But my do not show, my wounds are hidden deep inside of me and they shape me. Everyone of my wounds takes thousands of other people's light and kindness to shine through to be able to heal. Every wound you make on me, every attack, it takes a hundred times the people trying to fix it, to fix me before the wounds are healed. And there are so many of them I'l never be completely healed, never completely whole. You've done permanent damage and no matter how much I want to fix it, how much I want to be better, I never will be. I may be better for a short period of time, but when I see or talk to you and am attacked again. Every time it takes more and more to repair the wounds you made. If this keeps going on pretty soon there won't even be more wounds to heal. I won't exist, won't feel anything. I'll become numb, a vegetable. I may not even physically be here. That's the road we are on and for my sake I hope we find the turn back to sanity and toward the future soon. Or let's turn around and go back to to the way things used to be, before. Before, we were good, you didn't want to hurt me, you wanted to protect me. It's funny how things change and how one person can change them.  Before I was whole and now pieces of me are missing because of you. And all these changes have not been for the better. They've been a detriment to me and they will affect me for the rest of my life, in every aspect of my life. For that I don't think I can ever forgive you.