What i Need | Teen Ink

What i Need

November 30, 2014
By Listenntomusiceveryday PLATINUM, Cypress, Texas
Listenntomusiceveryday PLATINUM, Cypress, Texas
23 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender."
-Winston Churchill


"Okay, okay shut up."
"Dude just do it this way."
"He'll break an arm if he does it like that."
"No way."
"Turn it over."
"No the other way."
"He's still going to break his arm."
"Wanna bet?"
"How much?"
"HEY! Betting was what got me into this mess remember."
"It's not my fault you didn't have fifty bucks."
"You knew I didn't!"
"Hey I never said I played fair."

New Year's Eve, but honestly it's just another night with the guys. I bet Ash he couldn't eat 9 hot dogs under a minute - he couldn't. And since he doesn't have fifty dollars, he has to do "the course" (an obstacle course we invented, involving water, ketchup and a lot of climbing). Brendan, Theo, and I are cheering him on, - kind of.
Until Theo's mom yells that she and his dad are going to the party they're going to, and to please not destroy the house. After they leave, and we finish Ash takes a shower, while we slide down Theo's long hallways with greased cafeteria trays we stole. Theo's house is the best, it's literally a mansion.
  I think about my twin brother - Jeff. He of course got invited to the popular kids party. Which is at Bria's or Johnson's house (they're a thing). I heard there was going to be booze. Which I really couldn't care less about. I'm with Ash, Brendan, and Theo the three best people I know, and the only three people I need.
  After we get bored with the cafeteria trays, we go back downstairs. Another reason we do stuff at Theo's house - his mom stuffs the fridge with snacks. Hot pockets, pop tarts, popcorn, chips, soda, candy, cookies, cake, ice cream, Oreos, mini muffins.
  Furthermore, Theo has every movie channel in existence. And after a long grabble for the remote, I win and turn it to Fast And Furious. Theo rolls his eyes.
"Hey, I love this movie."
  "Yeah well I wanted to watch Carrie," says Brendan
"And I wanted to watch America's Funniest Home Videos," says Theo
"And I wanted to watch Mean Girls," says Ash.
"You are so gay," says Theo.
"I know," Ash says.
"I find that so sexy," says Theo.
"I find you so sexy."
Yes, and they begin making out again.
"Dude," I say.
"Hey you will never understand what this love feels like," Ash says.
"Maybe 'cause  I'm a straight girl," I say.
"Yes well maybe you and Brendan should get together," says Theo.
"Ewww," says Ash, Brendan and I.
"Kay, well guess you're a loner Jim," says Theo.
"Don't call me that!"
  See, when my parents found out they were having twins, they knew they were having a boy, so they pretty much figured the other one would be a boy too. So they thought it would be cute to name us Jeffrey and Jimmy. At the hospital Jeff was born first, then eight minutes later, lo and behold a baby girl comes out. What to name her? What to name her?
Elizabeth
Sarah
Carly
Jennifer
Lily
Wendy
Anna
Stephanie
Haley
Riley
Courtney
Baylee
Hannah
Tiffani
Heck I would have been fine with Deborah, Debbie isn't too bad. Anything but - Jimmie. Yes because changing a y to an ie makes anything more girly.
And I was girl, until I realized I wasn't. Up until the second grade I was girly, I wore skirts and dresses. Now I haven't worn a dress since the fourth grade, when I made straight As and had to go to an awards ceremony. I also haven't made straight As since.
I met Ash, Brendan and Theo in the second grade, we all auditioned for the school play, {Cinderella} and we were all trees. That's okay though. I have to admit, we did suck as trees. Ash fell asleep next to me, and I elbowed him to get up but he accidentally fell over - oops.
Ash and Theo discovered there sexuality in the sixth grade. They've only been a thing for six months though, and are planning to go to prom together.
  We kept auditioning for plays and have always taken theatre together. By far the worst part I ever had was as a tree.
  Jeff on the other hand, was the complete opposite of me. I was awkward and odd. He was cool and calm. Wide receiver on the football team, dating cheerleader Jessica Lynn, and very popular.
   I didn't care. But ever since the accident, Jeff hasn't said a word to me. We never had the best relationship - but still we talked.
I don't want to lose Jeff. And, honestly? Not getting what I want is something I should be used to by now. Not getting what I need is something I should be used to by now. Even though I've never had enough it still hurts.