Gaurdian Mermaid | Teen Ink

Gaurdian Mermaid

November 14, 2014
By desicating_damsel PLATINUM, Plainfield, Illinois
desicating_damsel PLATINUM, Plainfield, Illinois
23 articles 18 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I was always fascinated by people who are concidered completely normal, because I find them the weirdest of all."
Johnny Depp


I am the girl who would let you stand on her shoulders in shark infested waters, just to make sure you are okay. I pull as many people out of the water as I can because I know what it feels like; to have water fill your lungs as you pray for death. Feeling so insignificant that even the sharks ignore you. No! I refuse to let you go. I pull you up and push you on to the safety of dry land, then I dive again. Not pausing long enough to breath. I do not have time. I do this over and over again until I am the one who needs saving but with everyone either on land or drowning, I am left with two options. Accept it, and sink peacefully into the crushing oblivion of the sea, or grow gills that would not expire until the others are safe once more. You will not like either, but it is not your choice to make, it is mine. The fact that I am still here right now is proof of my decision…