Killers of the World – Part 2 – Past | Teen Ink

Killers of the World – Part 2 – Past

November 24, 2014
By Rae_Cobra GOLD, Altamonte Springs, Florida
Rae_Cobra GOLD, Altamonte Springs, Florida
10 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are destroying the world. We should fix it. We are killing our planet. We should revive it. We are not doing much to help the people. We should do more for the people. We are always fighting. We should try loving." -Rae Cobra


Entry 2

Dearest Diary,

     The New Government has passed a law stating that anyone associated with a person who knew of the Truth, then they too shall be put to death. I fear for my adoptive family and of my friends.  The whole point of writing to you, dear diary, is so I can gather my thoughts and feelings. I don't know if I want to share with my the Truth stories, but I will get there. Goodnight.

 

Past

I stare at myself in the mirror. My jade eyes had grown colder and harder since my parents died. My silvery hair rested at the middle my back, wavy and soft. My pasty skin was flawless except for the fact that you could see dark circles under my eyes. I continue to look that the girl in the mirror, thinking about how she came to be. Thinking about the Truth, the New Government, what really mattered in the world. 

"Gwen! Are you ready to go?" I heard my adoptive mother, Wendy Rivera yell from the kitchen. 

"Coming!" I mutter softly, before grabbing my backpack from the bathroom floor. "It's not like I'm going to be late. After all, I live only ten minutes away."

"Come on Gwen!" my so called sister yelled. "I'm meeting up with some friends at school. I need to be early!"

"Oh shut-up Megan." I snap. "We all know what your really doing." I stare at my seventeen year old sister. Even though we were both seventeen, she was a few months older. She also was the sibling who smoked, did drugs, and had lots of problems. Thankfully, I will never be like her. 

We walked to the prison/school in silence, Megan on her phone, me just fantasizing seeing trees instead of houses, green shrubbery instead of the road. I visioned seeing animals instead of people, and rivers instead of pathways. 

"Watch where you're going Gwen. You almost made me fall." Megan scolded me. 

"Maybe you should walk faster," I say. "After all, you're in such a hurry to get your cigarettes." 

"Shut up loser. You don't know anything. Your as dumb as a brick." I glare at her, but don't say anything. When she's eager to get to school it always meant she was going to buy cigarettes off someone, or drugs. Nothing good.

By the time we reached the prison/school, we were at least 30 minutes early. I watched as Megan headed towards one of the classrooms. I can't believe her parents let her go out in that short dress and high heeled boots. I was wearing black combat boots, black skinny jeans, a black tank, black leather jacket, and some silver jewelry. Nothing much. And defiantly not showy.

"Well, well, well." said someone behind me. I spin around and come face to face with the most evilest person on campus. Ian X.


The author's comments:

Before you read, you might want to read Killers of the World – Part 1. Click my profile to find the article. Another thing you need to know, Killers of the World – Part 2 all takes place in the Gwen's past. There will be no Present parts until a later article.

 

-Rae Corba