Mommy and Daddy | Teen Ink

Mommy and Daddy

November 13, 2014
By Ashesfalldown GOLD, Groveland, Massachusetts
Ashesfalldown GOLD, Groveland, Massachusetts
18 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imperfection is beauty... Madness is genius..." -Marilynn Monroe


Anna laid in her bed as she heard screams escape her mother's throat and the loud noise of plates smashing on the floor downstairs; something she was sadly use to hearing.  But tonight was different.  The noises grew progressively louder with each minute that passed by.

She heard her father scream vulgar names at her mother. "S***." "B****." "W****."  Anna wondered what Mommy could have done wrong this time.

After a half hour of fighting, Anna hid under her bed and put her hands over her ears; she was scared. "Why can't they be happy? I thought they loved eachother." Anna thought to herself.

She heard Daddy's loud footsteps stomp up the stairs and pass her room.  She heard a door open, slam, and then open again.  Back down the stairs he went.  She heard a click.

"Boom." "Boom." "Boom."  Anna peaked out underneath her bed, there wasn't a thunderstorm was there?

Anna's tiny body crept down the stairs in her pink footie pajamas.  She poked her head out from behind the wall into the kitchen.  Red covered the walls, the kitchen floor, and worse her father's hands as he cried over Mommy's limp body.

Anna's young mind couldn't comprehend.  She asked her Dad, "was Mommy painting? Why is she sleeping on the floor?"  "Dont worry Baby," he said, sobs in his voice.

He picked her up in his arms and brought her back upstairs, where he tucked her back in his arms.

"I'm  sorry," was all he could say.


The author's comments:

Anna's tragedy.