Do or Die | Teen Ink

Do or Die

By Orchid7 PLATINUM, Plano, Texas
Orchid7 PLATINUM, Plano, Texas

if you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will award you with a new hello!

I glanced around the room nervously, sweat dripping of my forehead. The back of my hands were tied up with the sound of the winds hustling through the trees. Jodanic was meddling with her razor sharp blade and polishing it, mumbling and smirking to herslf.  There was no point of a struggle as ten people had were surrounding, catching my every breathe. Jodanic came forward with her auburn hair flying. "Well, I see my cousin has finally decided to join our little gang." she said with a tone of sarcasm. I looked away rom the darkness of her eyes."You are not my cousin, and I will never..." a hand enclosed my mouthas I struggled to speak. " No, no, you mistundersood me Lola. You are not being invited to join our gng. You are being forced too.Or, this knife willhave to be washed off th blood stains tomorrow." she maliciously said. Out of agony and emtional pain a waied. I had no other choice. In my efforts to capture the Jodanic goons and turn them in, I nearly lost everything. I nodded at Jodanic and she threw the knife on the foor. " I suppose I on't be needing this after all. Good choice Lola." Jodanic turned around and signaled something to her goons and they untied me. I fellon the floor nd wept. They stared at mewth some kinds of pity.." Lola,look,we allnot that bad really," one of them said. " Yeah, I mean al the money we stealis to benefit the poor." I jumped up."Wait, so all the money you get by killing people go to the poor.", The man fliched at the word kill." No, we dont kill anyone. Its Jodanic who kills.We just..um..stndby and watch. She really likes you, you know, always talks about her favorite cousin Lola. She said so many times thta she hates the fact that you became a detetective.." I yelled at him. I srtched my headand let out a vicios laugh." Sh was oin to kill me." Suddenly the door popped open again. Jodanic enterd. She gazed intomy eyes and I saw wa=hat she really was.A poor, messed up woman who was longing for love agsin.I person ho ahd been scarred and had nno one to help her overcome it. My cousin, Jodi, who lost her homeina fire,whose parents divorced and abandoned her, whowas asocial outcast.The only person she everhad was me..and my famly,hot ook her in as as their own. But she had sought revenge on the world and avenge her misfortune. Ina split second, the two of us were locked in an embrace, and we never noticed the goons silently wlking out of the building, taking all money Jodanic had stolen with them.

Orchid7 PLATINUM, Plano, Texas

@KittyKat1419 Thanks you for all your helpful comments. I'll be sure to read your work.

SomeoneMagical PLATINUM, Durham, New Hampshire
This is a good piece written in a great style that I really enjoyed. Keep up the good work!