Wanda the Witch | Teen Ink

Wanda the Witch

October 16, 2014
By Shirts BRONZE, Weiser, Idaho
Shirts BRONZE, Weiser, Idaho
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Wanda had a habit of talking to herself. She never had company so she could never greet guests cordially like she had always practiced while she brewed the potions in her basement," Why how do you do?" I guess you could say that she had no friends to invite over. Whenever she thought maybe she had made a friend she knew it was not true because they would recoil into a ball as soon as she told them that she was a witch.
She was sitting in her basement, by herself, and a letter hit her in the nose.

“Now where did this come from?”

She grabbed the letter and gingerly opened it.

Dear Miss Wanda,
We are cordially inviting you to attend The Witch and Warlock Academy. This opportunity is only offered to the best of witches./warlocks. You should feel very accomplished. School will start on September 3, 2014. We would love to have you. You will have to take the plane that leaves at 8:03, to Gleesland. Then there will be someone there to meet you.

Sincerely.
The Board Witches

She was thrilled with excitement. School started in 2 days. Maybe she would actually have friends, now that she was with her own kind. What would she do with actual friends? Nothing would stop her from attending this school.


-----2 Days Later-----

Wanda was packed with everything she needed. She had a feeling that life was looking up. She left the basement. That was the last time she would know loneliness. She boarded the plane, and landed in Gleeson. She grabbed her luggage and walked outside the airport. There was an ominous, thin looking man outside, holding a sign that said “ Wanda Weery”. The car by his side was a white SUV with black tinted windows. She looked at it as a good sign that this was not just a dream.

She casually walked up to him and said,” I am Wanda Weery the witch. Are you here to take me to The Witch and Warlock Academy?”

“Yes.” He stated in a dark weary voice.

She stepped into the foreboding van.There were a thousand other people in this huge room. She started to think she was in the wrong place, but then someone cast a spell on their shoe to make it into an ice cream cone and a shrill whistle came through the air while everyone froze.

The skinny man said,” Now be quiet or we are not leaving!!”

Everyone instantly went silent.Wanda made a mental note not to get on his bad side. The room had what looked like car seats on the left and right side of her, and in the middle was an open floor the size of a football field. She hastily found a seat in the corner by herself. No one even attempted to sit by her, and on the inside this made Wanda want to cry. They were in the car for about an hour before the skinny man stood up again.
“Please exit the car in an orderly fashion and wait for further instructions!”

There was no order, but they crowded out the single van door. Once inside, there were more people than one thought. It looked like two- thousand people. I looked around when Wanda stepped out, she looked out in the distance and saw a little brick shack , and closer than that was an elaborate jeweled bridge that crossed a creek. Everyone marveled at the bridge and the size of the rubies, emeralds, and diamonds that it was designed with.

The man stepped out and said,” Listen here, my name is Clambore and I am your worst nightmare.  We will cross this bridge and head towards that brick shack.”

No one questioned him, as they crossed the bridge.  Wanda stood next to a girl with brown hair that went to her ankles. Wanda wanted a friend and this is where she was going to start.

“ Wow this is amazing don’t you think?” Wanda asked the girl.

“Yeah! I have never seen anything like it before in my life! My name is Georgia. What's your name?”

“Nice to meet you Georgia. My name is Wanda.”

Wanda and Georgia walked in silence for a while. Suddenly, Wanda tripped and fell into some guy’s arms.

“What do you think you are do…” He stopped.

“I am so sorry!” She looked up and gazed at him.

Wanda marveled at him, those beautiful blue eyes. Is this what love feels like, she wondered?