Stars | Teen Ink

Stars

October 16, 2014
By Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas
Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas
33 articles 2 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you have set in place-- what mortals that you should think of us. Mere humans that you should care for us.
---Psalms 8:3-4


The stars are always constant. No matter how bad of a day you've had, they'll always be there. And there's something about them... something... comforting. Yeah. Comforting. I find comfort in the stars. Mainly when I'm sad. Sad and lonely. It took me a while to realize that they're constant. But since I have, they're what I look forward to. If I'm stressed, sad, lonely, or just plain tired, I crawl up onto the roof and wait for the stars. The shining lights give me hope; give me strength to go on. Take today for an example.

My alarm goes off. It's 7:15am. I turn it off, then roll over, hoping for a few more minutes in my warm bed. Well, those few minutes turn into half an hour. My little sister Alexa comes running in yelling.

"Wh-what?" I ask sleepily.

"It's 7:45, school starts in 15 minutes." she says, obviously annoyed that we haven't left yet. I forget my tiredness and launch myself out of bed. I slip into my clothes, pull some shoes on, and run to the car where mom is waiting, not bothering to brush or eat anything.

Mom drops me off at school just as the first period bell rings. I rush into homeroom, skidding at every corner. Teachers glare as I run past. I slide into my seat just as the tardy bell rings.

I'm frazzled and had forgotten most of my schoolwork. None of my friends are there; all sick from the flu that had gone around last week. Luckily I hadn't caught it! I couldn't afford to miss any of my AP classes. I was barely scraping by as it was.

During fourth period, a note gets passed to my desk. I open it and this is what it says:

"Hey it's Jay (my boyfriend). So I don't think this is really working out. Sorry."

I stare at the note, not really registering what it says. Then Mr. Marks yanks it out of my hand, yells at me for passing notes in class, and I get detention.

At lunch, I decided to talk to Jay. When I finally find him, I see him sitting at a table with Melanie Andrews (my arch enemy). And he had his arm around her. I got so mad, I dumped my entire lunch tray over the two of them. Needless to say, I now have quite a few detentions to serve.

Anyway, while I was on my way out of the cafeteria and to the principles office, I slipped and landed in someone's spilt milk. Now, I know the saying "It's no use crying over spilt milk", but let me tell you, I really did feel like crying at that point. And to make matters worse, I didn't have a spare change of clothes in my locker, so I had to spend the rest of the school day smelling like old, rotten milk. Yeah... bad day.

So now I'm sitting here on the roof, watching the sun go down and the stars come out, wondering if life will ever get better.